Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New Piggy Grandma

CavyGrandmaa

Cavy Slave
Hello everyone my name is Carol and I am a PROUD grandma of 2 adorable baby boys! In January my 8 year old daughter Aiyanna adopted her first guinea pig from a classmate whose guinea pig had babies. His name is Pip and he's an adorable 6 month old calico piggy :)

Last week while on Spring break my daughter and I saw the most darling 5 week old calico baby at an event being sponsered by a Small animal rescue group. She fell in love with him and we knew he would be the perfect little brother for Pip! My daughter decided to name him baby , because once he came home thats what everyone kept calling him and so the name stuck.

So here I am with my 2 pigges. They sure have grown on me. There so much fun to watch and interact with.

This site is amazing and I have to say it has helped me learn alot! Thanks to all who take the time to post! :)

1frankie7

Cavy Slave
Adorable little guys!! I give them 10 out of 10 for cuteness!!

Sadly those hay rollers arent safe, the piggies could get stuck inside... How big is their cage??

Welcome to GPC... :D

CavyGrandmaa

Cavy Slave
Adorable little guys!! I give them 10 out of 10 for cuteness!!

Sadly those hay rollers arent safe, the piggies could get stuck inside... How big is their cage??

Welcome to GPC... :D

Thanks frankie :eek:ptimist:. The pictures I posted are of Pip when he first came home in January. I will post newer pictures and him and his brother soon. Far as the hay roller, we no longer use it. After reading some of the post I on accidects with them I decided to get rid of it, I am currently working on making my own.

My cage is one the Midwest Guinea Habitats about 8 SQ feet of free play area for them and it is connected to Pips old "pet store" cage, which is used as a kitchen area. I plan on building a C&C cage very soon! I know the boys will need more space as they get bigger. Wish me luck!

PiggiePaws

Cavy Slave
Welcome to GPC! Be sure to read over all the stickies here on the forum, especially the diet stickies.

I would take the hay roller out - just in case.

GPigsRSweet

Cavy Slave
Welcome - your pigs are adorable!! I agree about the hay roller.

CavyGrandmaa

Cavy Slave
Thank you guys for the welcome! This site has been a lifesaver for my daughter and I. Whenver were not sure about what to do with the Piggies my daughter syas "Check the Guinea pig cage website Mommy!!!"

The pictures I posted were from when we first brought Pip home a few months ago. SInce then we have gotten rid of the hay ball!!! I read lots of posts on here and I decided it wouldnt be safe. I made my own hayrack , from ideas I seen on here , out of a old grid (bent in half). I will be posting new pictures of Pip and Baby in there newly decorated cage. Last night we redecorated and tried out fleece :cheerful:

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.