Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New piggy owner

jensnyder

Cavy Slave
My daughters (3 and 2) received two female (I hope!) 3 month old guinea pigs as a gift from a family member. They came with a small "large" pet store cage. I instantly started researching since I have never owned guinea pigs before and I am so thankful for finding this site! I have learned so much and now know we can provide a loving home to our girls, named Willow and Rosie. Both are in good health (thankfully) and are eating and drinking.

I ordered a C&C cage (since I had trouble finding affordable cloroplast locally) and they are now in their new home and are loving it. They have been running around and popcorning and seem so happy. My cage is 2 X 3.5 and I am using fleece with towels and a crib mattress pad underneath. Tomorrow I am going to buy the linen shelving to make a lid for the cage so that they are safe if I leave the room (we have a dog plus my kids are in love with them and want to hold them all the time). I have been giving them romaine lettuce and carrots just to start them out and will be hitting up the grocery store tomorrow to buy a variety of veggies for them. Thanks again for all the great information!:)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.