Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Aquired a new piggie today

Skeetersmom

Cavy Slave
Well, my daughter got a call from a friend this morning. Her parents bought her a guinea pig from the pet store and she ended up being pregnant :eek:hmy: Surprise right???? Well, her parents didn't want the pregnant guinea pig and now she is upstairs in our spare bathroom. She's a brown agouti and looks on the younger side. She doesn't look too huge but visable pregnant. She isn't the most friendly little girl but maybe that is because she is pregnant. Hopefully that will change. I'll try to take some pictures of her later if she becomes a little more social.

fieryone

Cavy Slave
Wow! You're going to end up having to move into a bigger house! lol She sounds like my Lola. Good luck with her and the babies...again. Again, wow.

Skeetersmom

Cavy Slave
Right??? I have the girls on one side of the playroom. The boys cage against the other wall and now this little girl upstairs in the kids bathroom. I don't know whether I'll end up keeping her or her babies though. I figured I would take her in and then maybe be able to place her with one of her babies and try to place the others with good homes. We'll see what happens.;)

wheekers01

Cavy Slave
Wow!! You have so many pigs! I have had this dream like 2 times now! My guinea pig is pregnant and she has like 10 babies. Then they all mate and have 10 babies!!! It is so weird...and scary. I am like a giant looking at the C&C cage. The babies are all like the size of a dwarf hamster!!! Crazyyy!!!

Skeetersmom

Cavy Slave
I didn't think I had that many. Four girls and two boys I didn't think was that extreme. It's only 2 cages. Now this one adds 1 more. I've seen plenty on here with more than that.

PiggieMom

Cavy Slave
There's people on Guinea Lynx who have 40+. So I wouldn't call 6 pigs extreme. :)

momof1kid3piggi

Cavy Slave
WOW! I had a friend that had 11 at one time, And thought that was alot. Now i get on here and i read about people having a whole room full, Thats crazy, I hope what ever you do with the piggie's ends up a good story.

fieryone

Cavy Slave
There's people on Guinea Lynx who have 40+. So I wouldn't call 6 pigs extreme. :)

Holy cow! I have enough work with my three, soon to be four. If I had the time to clean more than one cage then I wouldn't think twice about having more. That, and if I want to stay married to my husband, lol

luvmycavies

Cavy Slave
Holy cow! I have enough work with my three, soon to be four. If I had the time to clean more than one cage then I wouldn't think twice about having more. That, and if I want to stay married to my husband, lol

I am right there with you on that! Though, with the pigs, my kids, homeschooling, my son's disabilities and now the neighbor cats...I kinda feel like..'why not add one more, it can't get worse right?"

Skeetersmom

Cavy Slave
Well, Diamond had babies last night. They are all hiding in the cuddle cave so I think she had 2. She still doesn't like to come out at all and I hate to force her. I put her food and everything right near the cave. She won't drink out of a water bottle either so I have to have a water dish in there and change it A LOT! It's just a real shallow dish though so nothing the babies can drown in. I'll post some pictures later.

jenniwat001

Cavy Slave
Congrats! Good luck witht the babies. Post pics! Have you kept the water bottle in as well as the bowl? If she wont use it now she night in the future, well done for taking her in. Get handling the babies so they get used to you, she'll just take time, but I guess you'd know that with 6!

Skeetersmom

Cavy Slave
Yeah, I have 2 water bottles in the cage hoping she will start using them. The babies are just drying still so I am going to give them a little time before I take them out. Thanks

jenniwat001

Cavy Slave
I didn't realise they were that new! wow!

Skeetersmom

Cavy Slave
Yeah, I went upstairs to check on her this morning and change her water and I peeked in her little house and saw 2 little additions. So cute!

Peggysu

Cavy Slave
Congrat's on the babies! I'm glad everything went smoothly.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.