Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Anyone know how far along she is?

Queeny

Cavy Gazer
About 5 days ago my mom bought me a new guinea pig & It turns out she is extremely pregnant.
My mom bought her from the store because she knows that at that store most of the guinea pigs end up as snake food. :(
Well anyways, I can feel the babies moving & I can see them kicking.
She doesn't move around much. And yesterday she was acting really weird, she keeps making a bunch of noises. Usually she's really quiet.

AnimalHouse36

Cavy Slave
If you place your ear to her belly do you hear a grinding noise? If so she's due soon.

Since yo can feel the babies kicking it won't be long.

akstrohm

Cavy Slave
Make sure you have a vet who is experienced with guinea pigs lined up. Pregnancy complications are quite common in guinea pigs, so you need to know where to take her in advance in case she has trouble. You should take the babies to the vet after they are born to make sure that they are healthy and to get help determining the sexes.

In the future, please adopt your guinea pigs from a shelter or rescue. Pet store pigs are often missexed, sick, and pregnant.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.