Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Urine How to tell when crystals are gone?

flowerpaw

Cavy Slave
My guinea pig Ten was diagnosed with crystals (no stones though) in her bladder, so the vet gave us Baytril and told us to get her to drink a lot of water. Now she isn't squeaking while peeing and her pee is clear/yellowish, and not sludgy as far as I can tell. Does this mean the crystals are gone? Just making sure!

My guinea pig Ten was diagnosed with crystals (no stones though) in her bladder, so the vet gave us Baytril and told us to get her to drink a lot of water. Now she isn't squeaking while peeing and her pee is clear/yellowish, and not sludgy as far as I can tell. Does this mean the crystals are gone? Just making sure!
I have minimal experience with sludge/crystals, as I've had only one cavy who was experiencing the same symptoms and treated in the same manner. It does indeed sound as though she is recovering!