Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

cage in my room

B

bebegrl7

cage in my room

i have my 2 piggys cage in my room..the cage is reaalllyy big...but i keep hearin pple on here say not to keep ur pigs in a bedroom...that they wont get enough attention. im in my room like half the day and play with my piggs all the time..whats the problem!?

J

jnmojoe

re: cage in bedroom

Well, in your case it isn't a problem. Many people don't spend much time in their bedrooms. They are more likely to hang out in the living room or den. The people who say keeping gp's in a bedroom is not a good idea are just afraid that the gps will be ignored and possibly become neglected. I live in a studio apartment and Hammy has the run of the place.

Attachments

005.jpg 420329_370845492942670_100000516668009_1475664_1820835300_n.jpg

SuperCavyLover

Cavy Slave
Re: re: cage in bedroom

My 12 guinea pigs are in my room too. Actually they are in a walk-in closet which has a window. The closet doesn't have shelves, or hanger racks, or even clothes. The whole closet is for the pigs. Their cage takes up the whole closet also, just not a small part of the entrance. We spend a lot of time with them, and no, we have NEVER EVER EVER neglected them... they are spoiled rotten! But sometimes we can't be here, so I don't think they never get lonely considering they all have friends. They are all girls too and hardly ever fight.

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
Re: re: cage in bedroom

In your situation, whether or not it's a good idea for you would depend on how old you are and your parents attitude about your pets.

In general, I do not allow cages to go in a child's bedroom as part of my adoption criteria. NO GOOD adopting family disputes this and will always accommodate a change in their plans if that was their original intention.

Here's my page on my reasons why: www.cavyspirit.com/nocagesinbedroom.htm

The criteria most definitely works in helping to qualify good homes and elevate the status of the guinea pigs as family pets. I have many personal testimonials of families who have thanked me for being insistent on it.

B

bebegrl7

cage in my room

i am 14 years old. yes the pigs are part of the family everyone referrs to them as the babys. i check on them as soon as i get up in the morning and sometimes play with them before i even leave my room for hours. i lvoe them to death. i clean their cage 2 times a week once a week with vinager/water i give them fresh food and water right after i eat breakfast..i have a schedule and they are apart of it.

SuperCavyLover

Cavy Slave
Re: cage in my room

I'm 18 years old, and I have a job. I pay for all of my piggies supplies(which is expensive) and spend hours and hours with them each day. Yes, they are inside my room in their large cage, but I spend as much time with them probably more in my bedroom than I would if they were in a more active part of the house. Some homes simply don't have the neccessary room to put down large cages(the sizes suggested on Cavy Spirit.com are INCREDIBLE, to say the least), so people have to place the cages wherever they can find room at. That is the instance here.

Teresa, I agree, guinea pigs shouldn't be in kids rooms, since there are so many things that can happen. Now I don't consider myself to be an adult yet, but I do consider myself to be very responsible.

It all depends on the situations of where the cages are placed, how the piggies are treated, etc.

Attachments

034.jpg 037.jpg 048.jpg

2steps

when I lived at home I had pets in my room once I was older (over about 12 or 13) I was in their almost all the time I was home so spent plenty of time with them.

B

bebegrl7

pigs in my room

i pay for everything i have spent over 100 dollars on my pigs and have only had them for about 1 month,i use my allowance everyweek my report card monmey and we had a garage sale and i used that money too...i spend about 20 bucks a month on them now that i got their cage and stuff. tomarrow im gettin more bedding though.

A

AngelicumCavy

I'm 16 (who cares?) and I don't have a Guinea Pig up to this moment, I would like to deeply self-study the animal before I even get one, am afraid I might not know what to do in case of complications and emergencies for them. It doesn't matter who pays the $1000 expenses, it does matter that you wont need to pay such in cases of that it is because of vet bills.
It is not the talk of MONEY responsibility and not just a talk for your individual Guinea Pig. Being responsible is being PROPER and APPROPRIATE.

<hr>
im in my room like half the day
<hr>
Is this the time you are sleeping? if NO then you're on the bedrrom for the whole day? if YES, oh well.

<hr>
and sometimes play with them before i even leave my room
<hr>
sometimes?

Paying for beddings and foods and others for you Cavies is just the way it must.

<a href="https://www.theministryofmagic.org.uk" target="_new">[/b]The Ministry Of Magic</a>

Attachments

009.jpg

SuperCavyLover

Cavy Slave
Re: .....

Angelicum, YES, money is an issue to buying a pet. You should NOT buy a pet if you are not financially able to do so. If a pig were to get sick, you would need to pay the vet bills, medicines, etc. Being responsible is fantastic, but if you don't have the money, you should not buy a pet. Period.

Attachments

AlbertHairCut.jpg RukAlbert.jpg Ziggy2.jpg Fatty1.jpg ZiggyFirstDay.jpg DSC_1458.jpg
B

bebegrl7

Re: .....

ok Angelicum....if i didnt have n e money then how would i take care of my pigs??? i couldnt!!they would starve8o ... and no when im talkin bout being in my room its not when im sleeping! im a teen and thats where most teens spend there time..in there room. and when i said i sometimes play with them..i ment before i even leave my room in the morning..as soon as i get up. i play with them alot more during the day. you took what i said and totaly tore it apart to make it sound bad!

A

AngelicumCavy

I say it is not JUST the talk of money responsibility, who pays?, who does?, who cares?. I'm exclaiming the responsible caring of such. Star Gardener If I'amto choose what is more likely to use, I'll choose knowledge than money. Bebegrl, your awake almost half of the day in the room, and your asleep for I think more than 8hoursa day, how manyhours do you spend outside?
Besides, guinea Pigs also need to see some human interaction.
SuperCavyLover, if you have a knowledge (deep knowledge) of what you are doing (taking care of animals), you will not to pay for high-vet bills.

Making it sound bad isn't my intention bebegrl, you give a good look on my mentions of money but you lack reading the other messages. peace

SCL, IF YOU DON'T HAVE ENOUGH KNOWLEDGE FOR ANY KIND OF FIELD YOU SHOULD"T BE IN THERE,
one must not just get and get and breed and breed just to enjoy this cuddles without even knowing how to bottle-fed them. Your cavies are dieng for reasons and money cant live them out, if you have knowledge no one will need to suffer. PERIOD

Attachments

Cage1.jpg Cage3.jpg
B

bebegrl7

cage in my room

ok. i have mono ..wich means i have to be home bound schooled for a couple months so i am home all day and usualy am noot feeling good enough to go outside..also i just moved to a new neighborhood with not alot of kids my age:eek: . it annoys me alot when pple say i dont take care opf my pigs or are hinting at that:| . i have read almost every post in this forum 0] before i even got my pigs so i would know how to take care of them.

Attachments

IMG_1617.jpg

SuperCavyLover

Cavy Slave

AngelicumCavy, would you PLEASE stop going off subject in almost every post you make??? You are also being very rude, and we surely do not need anyone around here with a cranky attitude. Please lighten up! :lol:

Attachments

DSCF4253.jpg DSCF4255.jpg DSCF4256.jpg DSCF4257.jpg DSCF4258.jpg DSCF4310.jpg
A

AngelicumCavy

I dont change the subject, I gave my point of view SCL, what I can only say is go to the CLOSED FORUMS and see for yourself who messed up most of the subjects, thanks and peace

A

AngelicumCavy

bebegrl I NEVER hint you or something about being irresponsible, read some more of the forums and find it. THNX

Attachments

IMAG2007.jpg IMAG1794-1.jpg IMAG1929.jpg

SuperCavyLover

Cavy Slave
Re: .

Why do you keep calling me SCL?????? My name is

<strong>THE STAR GARDENER.</strong>

Attachments

DSC_0050-1.jpg DSC_0063-1.jpg DSC_0064-1.jpg
P

Phylfish

in room...

I'm 14 and i share a room with my twin.....and my 3 guinea pigs.....ok .....now its 6 b/c one of them just had babies due to a mix up from the petsmart team weather one wuz a girl or a boy.....|I n e way...my parents love my guineas and so do we.....its nvr been a problem in our room
:rolleyes:

B

bebegrl7

how big

how big is your room? how big is the cage?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.