Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New Cavy Lover

ptbruiser

Cavy Slave
Hi! My name is Pam and I am a fairly new cavy lover. I got my first "baby", Henrietta about four months ago. I am disabled, and a VERY big animal lover, so a small pet was just right for me. She was about four months old, and she looks just like the Guinea Pig on the Dr. Dolittle movies. She is adorable!

Well, I got to know and love my sweet little girl (she was kind of a fatty, though), and was doing a lot of research when I decided to get her a friend. I spent many days and many trips to different pet stores that I trust. I didn't find any the first couple of trips, but then I found my little Gizmo.

Yes, it is a male, and I do have them in separate cages. After I got him I found this site. It was the best thing I have ever found! I have them each in their own "pet store cages" at night. During the day I have a large C&C that I let them play together.

Then about a month ago I was in the pet store getting my babies some treats when a woman was looking at supplies and we started talking. I found out that her daughter outgrew her piggies and was going off to school and she wanted to find a home for them. Well.....

I will get pictures of my babies as soon as I can get a camera to do it. The two new girls are named Roxy and Rachael. Roxy is really sweet, but Rachael is a bully!

They also have a "pet store cage", but they get their play time in the large C&C and my plans are to build a "Condo" or "Duplex" because Rachael doesn't like Henrietta or Gizmo. But that will be in another thread.

Thank you for letting me join the site. I love reading about other people's piggies, and now I have a place to learn and enjoy talking to others.

fairylover

Cavy Slave
Awww, How nice!

starshine123102

Cavy Slave
Welome to GPC! Can't wait to see some pigtures!

Just to let you know, if you let your two piggies play together during the day the female is more than likely pregnant. I would take her to the vet to dis/confirm that and separate them, especially if by some stroke of luck she is not preggo.

If your male is old enough you can either have him neutered or get him a buddy so he won't be alone in his cage.

Also, when you get the two new piggies make sure you quarantine them in a separate room for three weeks to make sure that they are perfectly healthy before introducing them to your original pigs.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.