Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New 2x3 cage issues

• Thread starter Piggy Pip's Mom
  • Start date

Piggy Pip's Mom

Cavy Slave
I purchased an 18x30 pet store cage for our piggie in November when we got him, he was only 5-6 weeks old. After finding this site and reading about all the advantages (for the piggies and easy in cleaning for the owners) I decided to make our baby a new cage.

Pip is now the proud and popcorning like crazy home owner of a new 2x3 C&C cage (44.25x29.50 to be exact). He loves it!!!! :love: I'm so happy because I was excited to purchase all the materials and put it together on my own. :D I printed out the instructions from the site with all the great pictures and such. I followed the directions step by step to the "T". In the meantime my husband graciously helped me with the construction of it all since he's the one who's never without a tape measure for work and knows how some of my other projects have turned out...ha ha! Anyways I was crushed to find out when I went to put the grids on the outside of the coroplast box last night that it didn't fit right. :eek:hmy: Dang it!!!!

My husband told me not to be upset and that we would get it all worked out and still have a wonderful, safe and secure cage for Pip. So we had to make some changes to the grids (used plastic safety ties instead of the large clips that came in the package) and were able to make some room. However the final result was that the grids had to be placed on the inside of the coroplast instead of the outside.

I went ahead and finished setting up the new home with the pad, then towel and fleece for the lining. We put Pip in his new home last night and he was a popcorning fool!!!lol

I have looked through the picture gallery and seen a couple of others that the grids were on the inside of the coroplast instead of the outside. I just want to be sure that this is still "ok" and safe for our piggie.

Thank you.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
It's fine to have the grids on the inside of the coroplast.

I'm glad Pip is enjoying his new home!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.