Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Safe and Fun Toys

DanielleD615

Cavy Slave
I have just given my piggy a new cage. A nice big home for him to run around in. Sadly he has no toys :sad: and expresses his boredom. I feel really bad. All he has is his Pigloo, hay. and some bark bites. The problem is he chews up things like a wood chipper and i am cautious ( maybe even over cautious) of what i give him because i am scared he will eat the item and get sick. I really want to give him a cuddler or hammock but i dont want him to want him to eat the fabric. I also want to give him some toys to play with because it has been so long says i have seen him do his pop corn routine and i miss that. Any tips?

- Danielle

PixieStix

Cavy Slave
The link Haley gave you has many great toys. There's plenty of toys that are safe for him to chew, like pinecones, apple/pear branches, other wood toys (all untreated of course), cardboard and paper toys, etc.

DanielleD615

Cavy Slave
If he is prone to chewing things would it be bad to get him a cuddle cup? When he was a baby he used to cuddle in my hoodie pockets when he would sit on my tummy so i think he might like the cuddle cup or a cozy thing...

Haley0489

Cavy Slave
I don't think it would hurt! I always recommend cozy saks not cups though, because my pigs totally ignore the cuddle cups. The saks make them feel hidden and more secure, so they can cuddle in and get real comfy.

My pigs will graze on the carpet when they're on the floor, chew up towels, nibble their cozies, and nibble holes in my sheets! :eek:hmy: They're just testing things out. If you notice he's actually pulling off large pieces and ingesting the pieces of a cozy, then I would remove it, but he's more than likely just having a taste. :p

DanielleD615

Cavy Slave
Ok then i will definitely get him one because he loves to cuddle. even when hes on my lap or on my tummy if i am laying down he chews on my shirts but doesn't eat it just bites holes and ruins them ha. thanks for the tip :)

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
Is he a lone pig? If he is, the best "toy" you can get him is a friend to play with. No matter how much you interact with him, he would likely be much happier with another cavy around. Imagine if there were no other humans for you to be with, only some huge creature that took care of you.

PixieStix

Cavy Slave
My pigs love both sacks and cups to cuddle in, it depends on the pigs. I prefer cups and pads in the summer though, they aren't quite as warm as the sacks.

DanielleD615

Cavy Slave
Yes Percy's Mom My piggy is a lone pig. I would love to get him a friend,but i will be heading off to college in a year and my mother doesn't like the idea that she will have to take care of my one piggy as it is.

I may just be a punk and go buy the pig and ..well oh well she wont make me return it cause shes not that mean or i might have my sister go get a pig and just offer to care for it. problem is my piggy is already a year old...would he like a baby pig coming into his home?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.