Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Making a movie

T

tggdan3b

Making a movie

I'm writing a movie starring the animal that has long been neglected as a hero in children's movies- the cavy! All too often the heros are dogs or cats, even mice, but rarely has the guinea pig had his chance to shine.

My story is of Scratch, a rambunctious young male who wants to escape his cage (and his owner's house) to see what the world has to offer. His father (who was abandoned in the park as a child) tries to talk some sense into him, but to no avail.

Anyway, I had a question... What would a guinea pig call his cage? Would he call it a "cage"? Or would they have a different name for it? I hesitate to call it a home or house, because that could too easily imply the little wooden timber hide-a-ways. Any suggestions?

Also, I wanted there to be a scene involving a bird that would attack the guinea pigs looking for food. (Of course, the pigs will win!) However, hawks aren't too common in cities, suburbs, or even backwater towns, like the one this is set in. What is a common bird of prey to a guinea pig?

Thanks-

Dan III

Attachments

2011-11-08 17.45.48.jpg 2011-11-08 18.25.21.jpg 2011-11-08 18.51.29.jpg 2011-11-08 20.00.43.jpg 2011-11-08 09.19.44.jpg 2011-11-08 09.20.04.jpg 2011-11-08 09.20.30.jpg 2011-11-08 09.21.07.jpg
Re: Making a movie

Wow good question. 8o
You could call it his Ranch, or Empire (you could make it like a desperate prince searching for the meaning of life). Or maybe you could even make it sound like it is his own planet or private island. Good Luck! I am sure it will turn out great! ;)

Thanks

-Yeah, I like the word ranch- isn't as limited as "house" nor as confining as "cage"! Thanks!

It looks like I'll probably have to write it as a story before I go to screenplay though. It'll probably be easier that way.

-Dan III

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.