Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

What does it mean when he jumps?

Neocavyowner

Cavy Slave
Hey,
Again me and my boyfriend had this lil guy for less than a week, we been trying to tame him (he is 5 months old) getting a buddy tmr, but we are pretty sure we are gonna keep them seperated for a few weeks since the new guy will be 4 weeks old, but we are checking around.

Ive finally heard him making noises against my ear, and i wasnt sure what it meant, and he would jump from his bed onto my shoulders *it was on my lap* and he keeps doing it over and over again. Is that one of the signs of affections?

He is still being a lil diffcult for me to catch i know it takes a bit for them to get used to you and such on and on. but why do they jump? onto the shoulders?

Thanks

pigsforlife

Cavy Slave
Are you sure that isnt popcorning? Guinea pigs popcorn when they are really happy, to me it looks like they are fitting but in the air! This site is about taming your pet but if you scroll down it talks about popcorning Guinea Lynx :: Behavior

Otherwise, yes it could be a sign of affection. If he is jumping from your lap to your shoulder it shows that he is becoming quite confident around you.

clotho

Cavy Slave
Hi there. You really should quarantine any new piggie for a full three weeks in a separate cage in a separate room. It's very important to make sure the new addition does not have any diseases that could be passed on to your current piggie. Guinea Lynx :: Quarantine

I hope you are adopting your new piggie!

Jenni_Feathers

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
It means he's happy happy happy! If its popcorning, but it seems like it is from what I'm interpreting :D

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.