Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New Piggy

Smitti

Cavy Slave
Hey Everyone

My best friend new that I wanted a pig, and she when and got me one for my birthday. She told me that she got her from a shelter.

Her Name is Creme Caramel (like the desert). She is a light cream colour and a brown colour. She is very cute. I will get you guys a picture soon.

My question is should I be treating her for mites even though I don't think she has them?

Thanks
Smitti

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Congrats on your new addition. I moved your thread here as it's not just for new member introductions but where you post threads about new furbaby additions as well.

My question is should I be treating her for mites even though I don't think she has them?
I wouldn't treat unless you see signs of mites.
Don't forget to quarantine for 3 weeks!

GailtheGuineaPg

Cavy Slave
Wow, what a great name! It's actually making me hungry for flan! Anyway, congratulations on the new piggie. Are you looking into getting her a companion by any chance? They do much better in pairs because they're such herd animals. I can't wait to see pictures!

^dawn^

Cavy Slave
Happy belated Birthday! And Congratulations on your new piggy. She sounds adorable.

Smitti

Cavy Slave
Thank you! My birthday is actually next Wednesday. She is adorable. I bought her a stuffed animal (its a Bear) and she slept under it.
I am thinking about getting her a friend in the next few months, sooner rather than later.
I have only had her for 24 hours and I am completely in love with her!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.