Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Nightmare I had last night...

Jenah

Cavy Slave
I have no idea as to what spurred this but I had to share it.

I had this terrible dream last night where I discovered a room that I had a cage with about 5 guinea pigs in it that I was totally neglecting and not taking care of! They were in a very small cage and didn't have fresh food and water. It was horrible. They were mite-ridden too and yes I still had the lovely pen with Emma and Pilot in the other room. But these guys I had just kind of forgotten about. It was horrible. Man...so the rest of the dream I was trying to give them more space and better food and water [they ate it so fast since they were near to starving] and was giving them meds for the mites and what not.

And what was even worse about that is one of them had gone blind and they were all happy to see me. And still loving with me and happy for the attention - after I'd neglected them.

TERRIBLE dream. I woke up with that feeeling of guilt like it had really happened. Which it didn't - but still......:weepy: :(

I've been there too! I know exactly what it feels like - the dream haunts you emotionaly the whole of the day, as if you really had neglected the pigs. It's a weird one!

I have also had a horrible dream (which I haven't shared before), where I...this is terrible...fried two of my guinea pigs. This was over a year ago, and it still affects me today! I can still see the picture of them, and it is so awful, I don't know whether to laugh or cry! (I told my son the next morning - and had tears streaming down my face!)

I think it must be the sign of caring so much - that one of our worst possible nightmares might be that we neglect our beloved pigsters! Doesn't explain the frying though - I still feel utterly awful about that one - BUT I DIDN'T DO IT!!! :guilty:

I've had some horrible dreams about our babies, too. I think it's because we care, and worry, so much about them.

Isn't it wonderful, though, to wake up in the morning and see them coming to you wanting attention, food, and scritchin's on the head. Being ever so healthy and ready to enjoy another day with you? :)

I only had one dream about guinea pigs, that I can remember that is...I'm not sure which of my pigs it was but in the dream it was really big, about the size of a cat, and it was rolling on its back, and I was just scratching it, like it was dog. It was kind of funny, weird though too. It was just in the cage rolled onto its back with its legs up in the air letting me pet it, just like a dog! LOL.

Ive never had a piggy related nightmare before, but once I had a dream that my little Squirrlie had babies (Which she really did, but this was before she had her babies) and there was about 6 of them, and 2 of them were purple abby's! The rest were brown, and they all started circling around my other piggie, Pookie and I picked up one of the Purple abby's and cuddled it, it was so cute!

I've had quite a lot of animal-related nightmares.

A few months ago I dreamed I cut my most beloved rabbit's head off. I've dreamed in the past that I killed one of my family's dogs.

I also dream all the time that I'm driving a hard to control car with a highway full of tiny animals running around. I can never seem to break to stop the car. I just keep going, moving erratically all over the road.

However, a dream like that makes a lot of sense. I had a massive car wreck a few years ago and I'm never comfortable in a car anymore. On top of that I make myself sick every time we drive down a dark road at night because I'm afraid something will scurry out into the road.

Back in 2002, when I was dating my husband, he hit a rabbit. I kind of lost it that night and had a panic attack. Ever since then my stomach churns as we drive down those dark roads. If something looks like an animal running into the road (like a bag blowing), my body literally spasms and convulses.

I can't control it. I'm a sensitive person and even if I mentally prepare myself for something, instinctively I react totally different.

I once had a dream I woke up to find Peanut sitting in his cage, which had magically grown to the size of a small cardboard box, which mats covering his body, mites I could actually see crawling on his skin, and he was bleeding. When I touched his skin, he wheeked in pain. But he was still happy to see me, like he was saying "Oh, mum, come here and pet me! I love you!" When I woke up, I rushed over to see if was okay. That was when I realized how small his cage really was. So I'm kind of thankful for it.

Jolene, sounds like your dream was ultimately helpful. It's amazing how dreams take certain realities, past or present, or even our deep down fears and reveals so many things to us.

Jolene, sounds like your dream was ultimately helpful. It's amazing how dreams take certain realities, past or present, or even our deep down fears and reveals so many things to us.

It was almost a blessing, really. And I had so much fun building his c&c cage that I'd do it all over again if a nightmare like that told me something valuable.
He's very thankful for his cage. I'm building another for my girl tommorow.

Back on topic.. Quite a few people I know, including myself, have had deams of hurting/killing their pets for no particular reason. But I think that those dreams just go to show that you really do care for your animals, if you look deep enough.

Quite a few people I know, including myself, have had deams of hurting/killing their pets for no particular reason. But I think that those dreams just go to show that you really do care for your animals, if you look deep enough.

I agree with that. I love animals so much. My dreams are filled with them in many different scenarios. Neighbors killing the dog I grew up with, etc. It makes sense that something so precious and vulnerable to me would dominate my subconscious meanderings.

I'd actually be thankful if I only dreamed about my piggies in tiny cages with mites compared to the nightmares I usually have!

I'd actually be thankful if I only dreamed about my piggies in tiny cages with mites compared to the nightmares I usually have!

It was the blood that freaked me out; I'm Hemophobic. Again, more reason to believe my brain was trying to tell me something.

And to JarBax, are you vegitarian? That might explain the frying part, since Guinea pigs can be cooked for food.

It was the blood that freaked me out; I'm Hemophobic. Again, more reason to believe my brain was trying to tell me something.

Oh, I wasn't trying to suggest that your dream wasn't upsetting or scary. We all have our vulnerable spots, which are different from everybody else's.

For me, compared to the visions and dreams I usually have, I'd gladly welcome the kind of dream you had.

I have a fear of pain and seeing others in pain. Not ouch I stubbed by toe pain. But like torture and extreme stuff like that. That's why you never catch me watching those videos they post in the Kitchen.

Images last with me for years. I experience constant ruminations and visions of things playing out over and over again in my mind. So, as if nightmares aren't enough, disgusting visions of pain and torture haunt me throughout the day. And when my head can't take it anymore, my body starts to react.

I once had a dream my guinea pig turned pink. I think he had been skinned (in my dream).

I think that the dreams of neglected piggies, like Jenah's also show the concerns you have for all the animals you can't help. I certainly know that when we are awake we are all concerned with those piggies out there that are neglected or abused or even killed for food and still so loving & sweet. That's why we joined this forum.

I have dreamt about two piggies I didn't take. They were offered to me and they were living in small aquarium and I said no because I couldn't justify more piggies for me. This was two years ago but I still feel guilty & regret that "no". But we can't save them all, no matter how loving, sweet & deserving they are. So I think Jenah's dream pigs are the ones we can't help when our own have it so good.

I think that the dreams of neglected piggies, like Jenah's also show the concerns you have for all the animals you can't help. I certainly know that when we are awake we are all concerned with those piggies out there that are neglected or abused or even killed for food and still so loving & sweet. That's why we joined this forum.

I have dreamt about two piggies I didn't take. They were offered to me and they were living in small aquarium and I said no because I couldn't justify more piggies for me. This was two years ago but I still feel guilty & regret that "no". But we can't save them all, no matter how loving, sweet & deserving they are. So I think Jenah's dream pigs are the ones we can't help when our own have it so good.

That makes sense to me. After all, for every one pig who is comfortable, I figure that another three are out there suffering. It's a terrible thought, which probably would provoke a nightmare.

Guinea pigs are such lovable and vunerable critters, it sickens me to see them exploited for just being... pigs.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.