Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Australia Searching for Corflute in Australia

Banana

Cavy Slave
Hi, I've had very little luck finding any corflute, even though i've rung signwriters, plastic places and sign suppliers. Has anyone had any luck in the sydney area? I have already looked in the "find materials" section of cavy cages but there's not much infor.
can anyone help?

Banana

Cavy Slave
OOps!

I just realized there was an australian section i could have posted this in...sorry.

but i do have another question...is it ok to use second hand coroplast? Someone suggested going to real estate agents to ask for used signs. do people think that's a good idea? I have many real estate agents near me.

icesprite

Cavy Slave
Hah, it was probably me that recommended real estate agent signs - so I am going to stick with giving it the big thumbs up. I am actually using 2 signs duct taped together for my cage and have had no problems with it. I did hear recently though, that some people have tried the RE agent route, but been rejected because they reuse their signs till they are dead. If it helps, mine are Century 21 signs.

icesprite

Cavy Slave
Hmmm, my post was too long and Ihad to split it. Here is part 2:

If that doesn't work, I have one more suggestion... wait till after the election and then go to Reverse Garbage (at Marrickville). I went there the other weekend and they didn't have anything appropriate but said that after the election they would be getting all the campaign signs in. Somehow, the concept of the pigs using some politician's head as a toilet delights me.

Banana

Cavy Slave
Ha ha yeah i'll be trying to keep both Latham and Howard's heads away from my girls! I'm not putting them through that! Anyway i did try the real estates and you were right, they reuse them, but they did pass me on to the guy who does theirs and he was almost double the normal going price.

Reverse Garbage!!! I work in child care and we get so much stuff for the centres there, i didn't even think about that!!

Anyway, i was lucky and found a place a couple of suburbs away from me that sold a 6x4' sheet in colour for $16.5 so that was great. I built it yesterday and my girls are so happy.

ice_on_fire

Cavy Slave
before i bought the corflute from the art shop i was actually considering grabbing one of those real estate signs and just run with it.. lolz.. cuz there are so many signs around neignbourhood..

guineagurl

Cavy Slave
The thought crossed my mind also...!
But that would be Bad wouldnt it..lol

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.