Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

A Black Piggie-----Finally

WEAVER

Cavy Slave
All I want for Christmas is a black pig-gie
a black pig-gie,
Yes a black pig-gie,
All I want for Christmas is a black pig-gie, and it will be a Merry Christmas!!!!

I have been singing this song for a couple weeks, driving hubby absolutely insain. His reason for not wanting another piggie was he did not want to take another long drive to the rescue (it is 4 1/2 hours one way away). He was not the only one who felt that way, but both of my kids were right there along with him, not wanting to go all of that way. My hubby, I can partially understand seeing we lease our main vechile and I am already over on miles from rescuing all of the others at different times and Kailyn's dance competitions.------Well after much singing, pouting, and convincing the family, they have caved and have decided to adopt me a pig that has been at the shelter for quite some time.

So I am getting my Christmas present, and I am thrilled!!!! It took some convincing, but truly I only had to remind everyone that they are just giving up one day of their life, to make a huge difference in this guinea pig's life that really needs us. I also had to remind the kids that I do many things that I reallly do not want to because it is important to them

Anyways, we are going to rescue this sweet little girl on Sunday. She will hopefully move in with the herd, but if for whatever reason that just does not work out I always have the option to move her in with Sidney and Sherman seeing their cage is big enough as well. I am so excited, finally am getting a all black pig that I have been wanting for what seems like forever. She will complete my piggie family and make it a even ten. It just does not get much better than that

So here she is . . .
A Black Piggie-----Finally

As far as her name, I honestly do not know. As most of you know, all my pigs are named off of the Rocky and Bull-Winkle show in one way or another (had to manipulate some of the names to make them girl names), but there are no names left. I had a hard time coming up with Sidney's name (really the charactor that was left was Sndley(something like that), so I changed it up.

Any ideas??? I really would like her to stick to the theme as well if at all possible. I was thinking I have Roxie (that is really for Rocky), maybe a Roxanne, but call her Annie? Or go off of Sherman and call her Sharmane (sp)????????? I don't know---LOL

I just had to share my good news as I am just bubbling with excitment. I can not wait for this weekend and I will keep you all updated and take new pictures after we adopt her and she gets all settled in.

JarBax

Cavy Slave
I am so pleased you're getting your black pig-gy
Your black pig-gie
Yes your black pig-gie
Cos I can stop hiding my black pig-gie from you this Christmas!

This is fantastic news, both for you, and for your black pig-gie! I can totally understand your excitement, and am delighted for you!!! How on earth are you going to contain yourself 'til Sunday?

Can't wait to hear all about her, and see more pigtures!
Will have another wee think about names, but I do like Annie!

Edit - need a list of your other 9 piggies names - I thought of Belle - but you've got Belle I'm sure (if not a Bulle and a Baile too!! lol)

Jennicat

Cavy Slave
How about Natasha? Wasn't she the female Russian villain in Rocky and Bullwinkle?

JarBax

Cavy Slave
Have done a quick google search, and come up with:

Frosty, Peach, Fuzz, Nell or, my favorite Twinkle! (From Winkle, but with a T added because she is the Tenth piggy - and because it's Christmas, and she is a star!!)

nonamian_girl

Cavy Slave
That is a fantastic Christmas idea :).

WEAVER

Cavy Slave
Oh, Jarbax------I :love: Twinkle!!! That is just perfect because we call Belle-Winkle, Belle all the time, never her full name.

So now there will be a Roxie, Belle-Winkle, Boris, Natasha, Nellie, Mr. Peabody, Dudley, Sherman, Sidney, and Twinkle.

How many more days til Sunday . . .????:p

JarBax

Cavy Slave
Wayhey! You chose Twinkle! :cheerful:

I am elated!!! Funny - it was one of those moments where I though 'this is just right' - like choosing my son's name - though that took a week to find! Twinkle is one lucky lady!!

PiggieMamaKelly

Cavy Slave
I'm so happy for you. Black piggies really are the cream of the crop! Now I'm all excited for Sunday too!

HowietheGreat

Cavy Slave
What an adorable pig!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!!! I had to wait over a month to get Teddy. That was the longest month of my life.

piggly wiggly

Cavy Slave
Wow Weaver she is pretty. Twinkle is a perfect namefor her, can't wait to hear the news on sunday, (or Monday since you will be away all of Sunday), when she arrives.

CapuPebbles

Cavy Slave
Congrats Weaver!!!:) She is a beauty and i love the name Twinkle. Is she a texel?

WEAVER

Cavy Slave
She is a solid black texel. She is a pig of the South Carolina horder/breeder bust from this summer (the same group as Jdomans skinnies). I just can not wait to get her!!!!!

smartorl

Cavy Slave
She is so cute. I love black pigs as well. There is one at the shelter now that has me very tempted but he is not neutered and I have all girls and really don't want to adopt two males (the shelter only has females right now) and make a new cage which will take away from the space I have for Piggytown. Hopefully, he gets a forever home for Christmas too, hint, hint, anyone in Florida looking for a sweet boy.

beckyboyer

Cavy Slave
Re: A Black Piggie-----Finally/Smartorl

I'm in FL and have to ask where is this black beauty?

Thanks!

becky

JennG

Cavy Slave
Congrats on your new addition! She looks like a beauty and now your herd is up to 10. WOW! I'm impressed. You have twice as many as I do and at one time, I was close to your group. Congrats again and I love the name Twinkle!!

cavy-cool-crazy

Cavy Slave
Oh, Twinkle is the perfect name for her!! Twinkle the texel. You go pick her up tomorrow if I am thinking right. Yay!!

Tulia&Susie

Cavy Slave
She's adorable Weaver. Congrats on getting her.

HowietheGreat

Cavy Slave
Do you have her yet????

fourbwabbys

Cavy Slave
And you know we demand pigtures once she gets home! :D

HowietheGreat

Cavy Slave
She is one cute pigger.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.