Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

I am keeping him!!!!!

cavyinhawaii

Cavy Slave
:cheerful: I know a lot of people have followed my story. I tried to find my baby popcorn a good home. There were just none to be found.I got crazy phone calls and emails that were even worse. I can't let him go live in a hamster cage when he is used to a palace. My husband has granted his blessing(from Iraq) and said just keep him. So as soon as he turn 3 months old I'll get him neutered and return him to my herd.
I am keeping him!!!!!

piggiebun

Cavy Slave
Aw congrats, that is one cute piggle!

Aertyn

Cavy Gazer
He's so cute!

Glad you get to keep him, that way we can get more pigtures of him!

cavyinhawaii

Cavy Slave
He is a sweetie. He started out all white, now hes getting dark skin on his belly and feet. His hair is taking on a grey color on one of his feet. The edges of his ears are getting dark too. He is 5 weeks old. I feel so much better.

RyanR

Cavy Slave
He is a cutie and congrads on keeping him.

littlebear

Cavy Slave
Thats fantastic that you are now able to keep him!

zambonigirl

Cavy Slave
Oh, those toes are killing me! What a cutie.

mkkayla

Cavy Slave
I am so relieved! I couldn't have re homed him either. I'm glad he will be able to stay with his family and live the good life!

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
He is an absolute sweetheart! I think you and your husband made a wonderful decision. Letting a cutie like that go to a home that wouldn't treat him right would be deplorable, and I commend you for going through all of that and the emotional thought process to come back to keeping him and giving him a great forever home.

WEAVER

Cavy Slave
That is awesome news! I am so happy that you decided to keep your little man. I can not even imagine having to try to find the "perfect family" for one of my furry babies. No one can give them the love and life they need, only us :) He is such a cutie and I am sure your mind and heart can now be at ease, no more worries . . .just a long happy future together making lots of memories together as a family.

I did want to let you know though on a different note (just in case you did'nt know) that your boys more than likely will not get along if they are both living with in the same cage with females. I would rather you know that upfront before you pay the expense of having the baby go through surgery.

annier

Cavy Slave
Popcorn! That's what Gabby named one of our babies 2 weeks ago. he/she loves to pop so thats a perfect name. My husband wanted us to give away the two babies but we couldn't. Gabby would never sleep wondering if they were being taken care of. When I find out what my two are I'm thinking about adding an extension to the c&c cage so boys and girls can be in the same area but in different cages I will coroplast to make sure no one can bump hinnies in the grids. :eek: Our Popcorn has red eyes too but he's mostly brown with white on his face. The other two have brown eyes. One more piggy doesn't make that much extra work and these cages are the best!

cavyinhawaii

Cavy Slave
That is awesome news! I am so happy that you decided to keep your little man. I can not even imagine having to try to find the "perfect family" for one of my furry babies. No one can give them the love and life they need, only us :) He is such a cutie and I am sure your mind and heart can now be at ease, no more worries . . .just a long happy future together making lots of memories together as a family.

I did want to let you know though on a different note (just in case you did'nt know) that your boys more than likely will not get along if they are both living with in the same cage with females. I would rather you know that upfront before you pay the expense of having the baby go through surgery.
I wondered about that. Flash has tried to bite him if I pull them both out.
I don't do that anymore. I thought it was because popcorn was not neutered. My mom is coming to visit and bringing more cubes, so my cage is going to change yet again!! I may do 2 rooms one with the babies and one with flash and ted. They each can have one girl.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.