Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New gunea pig owners!

wolfie

Cavy Slave
Hello Everyone! Our family (Mom, Dad, daughter Colleen (9yr) and Ceana (Golden Retreiver) adopted our first guinea pigs from a shelter/rescue on June 18th. Arnold (10mths) and Alex (5mths) are actually father and son. Our boys are very sweet and are making good progress in becoming used to us, being handled and making us tow the line! Little Alex is our resident talker.He is a big wheeker for food and coos or ?softly chirps whenever he is strutting around, when you are holding him or when you just talk to him. Arnold is not a big talker. In fact, it took me a few days to realize he was talking because he was being drowned out by Alex. Alex just LOVES food. We have been sitting down in their large playpen, putting a little fleece blanket on our laps and hand feeding them their vegetables. Alex doesn't even care WHO is feeding him. As soon as anyone sits down and puts a blanket on their lap, he climbs right in and will practically climb up your chest looking for food. Arnold is much more cautious. He will somtetimes climb on my daughter's or my lap, but no one else's. However, Arnold is fascintated by our dog and not afraid, while Alex isn't quite sure of her. Alex is much more interested in tunnels, tents or toys but Arnold is the resident popcorn expert, especially when we are giving them fresh hay! We have fallen in love with the boys and are so glad that they have joined our family! We are very grateful to this site. We have learned a great deal of valuable information from it and our delighted to have now joined. It is the first forum I have ever registered for- so please accept my aploogiy for any errors I might make.
Wolfie and family

SugarSpice

Cavy Slave
Congrats on your new piggers and way to go for adopting . Im sure everyone would love to see some pictures .

Lydia

Cavy Slave
Welcome - it's great to hear that your little ones are settling in so well. This is a great forum for advice, learning and sharing ideas and, of course, pigtures! :)

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
That is such a cute story about your human/animal family Wolfie. When do we get to see pigtures of your crew? We're all crazy for pics!

wolfie

Cavy Slave
Thanks for the great responses! Unfortunately I am a total neophyte when it comes to downloading pictures, so I will need to get my husband's help. Also- the rules seem to prohibit posting just piggie pictures, so where can I post them? Sorry to be such a numbskull when it comes to this stuff, but I am much better at dealing with animals then electronics! Wolfie

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
You can post pictures directly onto your post. The only place we don't allow Pet pictures is in the gallery.

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
You can post pics of your pigs in a regular thread. We reserve the gallery for cages, accessories, basically things instructional or helpful for other forum members. Here are some good instructions to help you get those pictures posted in your threads. (broken link removed)

wolfie

Cavy Slave
Thanks! I'll be sure to put some photos up in the next few days. Wolfie

fourbwabbys

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.