Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Could someone show me how to make a cage lid?

pink piggy

Cavy Slave
Ummm... could anyone teach me how to make a lid like sometimes how guineapigcages.com shows pictures of cages with lids that don't look like they're made from grids, so if you could show me how to make a cage lid like for a 2x3 cage, please do, thanks.:)

Does anyone know how to make cage tops/lids?

Does anybody know how to make cage tops/lids for 2x3 cages? Just wondering, because I don't really know how to, even though my mom won't let me get a guinea pig.:weepy: I really wish I could get a guinea pig or two but I guess I'm going to have to wait 4 more years 'til I'm 18 and I get out of school because she says that they stink and smell (though we've never really had one) and that I don't have the time to clean after them. My parents don't really like animals.:ashamed:

I've been waiting 7 years from when I was 7 years old, and I still can't get one yet. Oh wells, they say that patience is the key...

Re: Does anyone know how to make cage tops/lids?

I've tried many times to get a piggy, but when my mom says no, it means no.:(

pink piggy said:
Ummm... could anyone teach me how to make a lid like sometimes how guineapigcages.com shows pictures of cages with lids that don't look like they're made from grids, so if you could show me how to make a cage lid like for a 2x3 cage, please do, thanks.:)

You can use grids for a lid, but it seems like most of the lids are made out of wire closet shelving. This is available at Home Depot, Lowes, and I'm sure other home improvment stores too, they will even cut it to the correct length for you. You just need 2 sections cut to an inch or so longer than length of your cage.

Sorry your parents won't let you get a piggie. Pets are important for kids and also adults, but for whatever reason there are many people who feel the way your mom does and think they are dirty or smelly. As a mom myself, I will say that pets are a big responsibility (one that neither one of my children are capable of doing EVERYDAY) and they are also A LOT of money. Maybe your parents are looking at those kind of factors and do no think right now would be a good time for you to get a pig. You are still in school, and in a few years will be in college. Some guinea pigs have been known to live til 10 years old, what will you do with your pig when you go to college?? Mom and dad would financially have to support you and your pig right now, but when you go to college you will have another mouth to feed and take care besides yourself, and trust me many times it is hard to take care of just you. Things are going to begin to shift in your life and you are about to make big changes, once you get a car, begin dating, have more freedom, you may find you do not have the time you once had. I know right now you want a pig and you want one bad, but will you still want and be able to take care of it five years from now, seven years from now? You need to be realy honest with yourself and think you do not even know where you will be that far off, never mind having to support a guinea pig, possible vet bills, etc. Pets are wonderful, but a very big expense and a lot of time, until you know you can give both of those things to a animal it is not in your best interest or theirs to try and give them home. I promise someday you will know in your heart that you are ready, but now may not be the right time.

u know what? that's very good advice, thank you:)

oh ok, thanks!

There is no need to ask a question twice in the forum and start 2 threads. If you have more information to add please just make a post under the original thread you started.

I am going to merge the two threads. The thread will read rather redundantly but at least all of the information will be in one thread instead of two.

Also please do not use chat speak on the forum. It is against forum rules. https://guineapigcages.com/forum/announcement.php?f=27&announcementid=7

Oh oops, I forgot. Sorry about that.:expressio

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.