Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Question about cage

2piggies1

Cavy Slave
So I have a 2x6 c and c cage for my two females, but one has had a limping back leg so I separated them with a divider right down the middle just so Lacey, the hurt pig, could have less stress from the other pig picking on her.

So to my question, I have a 2x4 coroplast in the corner of my room. Should I leave them in the 2x3s until her leg heals, and reintroduce them when she's better. Or in the mean time should I have one pig in the 2x6 and one in the 2x4?

Only thing is with them both being in separate cages they will not have direct contact with each other like they would if they were both in the divider 2x6.

Any advice is appreciated

I'd leave them in the divided cage. You'll still have to do reintroductions when you put them back together, but it won't be as stressful as it would be if you put them in totally separate cages.

I would make the side for the limping pig smaller. Either 1x2 or 2x2, to restrict her movement.

Has she seen a vet? If her condition doesn't get better in a few days, please take her to the vet.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.