Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Skin Problems Skin Problem and Nails

Zane18

Cavy Slave
So I know that my guinea pig has mites so there is Ivermectin coming through the mail and it will be here within a few days, but today my guinea pig actually has a blood spot, which I believe is from her itching. So I am wondering, is the blood spot ok and it will go away once the medicine gets here or is there something I should do right away? I also need to trim my guinea piggies nails and I can do it, but they always seem to bleed at least once and they twitch a lot when I try to clip their nails so are there any easy ways to clip their nails? Also, my guinea pigs nails are a bit longer than they should be but I can't just clip through the blood part of their toes, so will the blood in their nails retreat slowly when I clip the nails shorter? Skin Problem and Nails

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.