Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Eyes/Non-crusty HELP! Guinea pig has weird cloudy tears on his eye!

Beatrix187

Cavy Slave
Hi everyone,
So I went to give Domino his kibble and I saw this very cloudy liquid dripping from his eye! It wasn't really runny anymore, it just sort of sat there. But his eye may have been a bit cloudier than his other one. Actually a week or two ago we noticed some very little tears from his eyes and thought it was just a haypoke because it dissapeared. But now we see it agian with a more cloudy look. I have tried researching on guinealynx but can't figure out what it is!
Thank you!
I have a picture attatched.

Attachments

IMG_6119.jpg

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
It's normal. Just wipe his face gently.

It may be due to a blocked tear duct. You can very very very VERY gently massage just under the eye with a damp washcloth. Do this a couple of times a day for a couple of days and see if that helps.

Beatrix187

Cavy Slave
It's normal. Just wipe his face gently.

It may be due to a blocked tear duct. You can very very very VERY gently massage just under the eye with a damp washcloth. Do this a couple of times a day for a couple of days and see if that helps.

Thanks you, @bpatters, I'm glad its nothing serious. :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.