Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Urine Guinea pig help needed!

JustMe_Soso

Cavy Slave
Ok, I’ve had my guinea pig for a quite a while now. Just recently we decided to use bedding just to give it a try. We got the white one and yesterday i noticed that some spots where she pees are darkish brown. She does chew on stuff like paper bags, twine and wood because of some of her toys. Someone please let me know if i should take her to the vet or not because I’m starting to freak out. Also, how much do you think it would cost to take her to the vet for something like this?

I’m guessing you were using some type of bedding and switched to another? Can you clarify the bedding type?

So i normally use fleece lining but i just changed to paper bedding

Have you changed anything about her food?

Chewing on twine is not a good idea -- I'd take anything with twine out of the cage.

I'd just watch it for a while. If you notice blood, or hear her squeaking when peeing, then a vet visit might be in order.

Hello everyone, I have a problem! If your guinea pig doesn't eat for 6 days, should you contact a veterinarian?

Incorrect. If a guinea pig is showing signs of not eating, you should immediately step in with syringe feeding and contact a vet asap. A guinea pig can die within a few days. Six days is far too long.