Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Teeth Possible injury to teeth/gums - how urgent to see vet?

Scooterpig

Cavy Slave
Trouble is currently on antibiotics and having a wound flushed daily after a fight. This evening, after doing the treatment, I put him in the pet carrier while cleaning his cage. As usual, I then lifted the carrier into the cage to release him.

I opened the door of the carrier and as it moved I saw he had hooked his teeth onto it. He wriggled free quickly, before I could even touch him. He was a bit spooked and ran to hide. I got hold of him and saw there was a little blood around the gum line of his top incisors. There was no blood running from the mouth. I let him go and he hid in the hay, and began nibbling on it.

Should I try and get him back in to see the vet tomorrow? He has an appointment on Friday anyway, should I wait till then if he's eating okay? He is currently on antibiotics because of his wound so I'm hoping that will keep any infection at bay. He's definitely a bit freaked out though - this happened a few minutes ago.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.