Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Teeth Gap in teeth/item stuck in teeth

4boipigs

Valued Contributor
Cavy Slave
I noticed that Gungnir’s bottom teeth had a gap between them recently. Upon further inspection there was a green item wedged between his teeth, halfway down his teeth. I got it out with tweezers. Now his teeth are back to normal. Should be concerned about his teeth or leave it since he appears fine now? I have no idea what could have gotten wedged between his teeth, aside from a piece of wood from a dangling toy (which is not green).

Last edited:
It’s good that you noticed this and you were able to take care of it. Since they are chewing all the time, it could have been a tough hay stem or part of a wood toy. Their saliva usually turns the color of what they eat, so green lettuce could have ended up coloring a little piece of wood or hay stalk.

I have had the same thing happen with a couple of my pigs. once the item was removed the teeth were fine. I believe the trick is to catch it quickly which you have.