Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Photos Lion Pig :D

• Thread starter LuvCavysLuvCats
  • Start date

LuvCavysLuvCats

Cavy Slave
Hello! It's been awhile since I've posted anything so I thought I'd stop by and say hello and see how everyone is doing. :)

My piggies are doing good. Put the air conditioner in a couple weeks ago as it started getting rather warm up here. It's a decent temperature (75) but since my Maybelline is so fat and fluffy it was still a bit much for her so I decided to lighten her load with a lion cut. Not only does she look super cute haha she was sooooo happy! She actually wants to be pet now versus always getting irritated when I touched her back. She now lays down right away and purrs. I should have done this last summer!

Here is a super cute photo for you all. (I know it's a bit choppy, I need to even it out :p) So how are your piggies doing? :)

Quick edit if you're thinking of doing this to your long haired piggie: I used a hair buzzer with a half inch safety so there was no chance of getting her skin. If you are young please have an adult do it. Have someone test the buzz cutter so you know it won't snag hairs. Go SLOW or you WILL snag hairs. If your pig squeals or shows any signs of pain do NOT continue. Use common sense. Lol

Attachments

image.jpg
Last edited:
She looks adorable! I would have never thought to clip a piggy but I'm glad it went well for you and that she seems to enjoy it!

hahaha omg so cute!

That is so cute. I love it!

Lion Pig - Queen of the Cavys, posing majestically for her official portrait. She will accept hay and veggies as tribute to her greatness.

Clippers!!!!! Haha idk why but we call them buzzers. Yes clippers. :) Thank you all hehe yes she is a cutie!
@spy9doc LOL Maybelline woke up with her "mane" all out of wack it cracked me up. :,D I guess I'll be getting used to that!
@miniver hahahaha thank you for that. Queen of the Cavys! I'm sure she would approve! :p

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.