Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Glad to be here with Piggie Smalls=we have an inquiry please

Jill Bailey

Cavy Gazer
I'm so happy to have found you! I haven't kept cavys since I was my now 7 year old son's age and we recently adopted a sweet 4 month girlie who came with the name Piggie Smalls.

She's adapted well to our family and is loving the attention and cuddles/excersize that we lavish daily..along with lots of fresh veg and a few little fruit treat treats (she adores mandarin orange pieces!)

Yesterday... I noticed excessive peeing and drinking=like 3/4 of a bottle-I've changed the litter pan several times since I discovered this condition and switched out the fleece w/liners today too. The urine used to be yellow and slightly cloudy and is now primarily clear-the poops are still solid and dry (unless they are soaked in urine) and I am terribly concerned-we STOPPED all veg and fruit and I've seen her munchin pellets and her timothy hay. We use a large wire Kaytee cage with a fleece/pan with bedding "kitchen" mix in our cage per your site THANKS SO MUCH I used to house mine years ago in huge aquariums that were heavy and difficult to clean for a kiddo) We intend to build a proper CC cage when we move into our forever home and see what kind of bigger space we'll have for hers. She is the center of attention now on our breakfast counter.

Any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated-I searched the threads for anything like this but haven't seen much that fits so far so I'm posting and saying Hi! :love:

Attachments

IMG_0213.jpg

BaconAndEggs

Cavy Slave
Welcome!

I'd like to say that everything you said you've done so far is great, but are you considering getting her a friend? Guinea pigs need a friend of their own kind, same gender. She is adorable!!! I've really nothing to say about the medical concern, I'm not sure why that is.

Jill Bailey

Cavy Gazer
Thanks you guys for making me feel welcome and putting my worried mind to ease. BaconAndEggs we do hope to adopt/rescue a friend for her once we know how much space we'll have in our forever home. This is our year :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.