Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Australia Lots of new types of bedding in Australia now.

Alanas

Cavy Slave
I spend a lot of time in petfood and produce warehouses and I must say I am very impressed by the sudden boom of new varieties of pet bedding. I have been testing different ones out week to week and rating them on odor control and absorbency. One in particular I find good is "Breeders Choice" which was originally for cats, but it can be used for any animal because it is 100% recycled paper compressed into pellets. Another one I found good is Dr. Harry's pet bedding. It is really good with keeping the odor level down. The thing that is really good is that these are available in supermarkets! Anyway I will keep you up to date with my little research experiment, and if anyone else finds something else that is good, let us know!

enchantingcavy

Cavy Slave
Hi ALanas,

Yeah totally agree breeders choice recycled paper kitty litter is fantastic hey! no odor and extremely absorbent and environmentally friendly...

What's the Dr Harry bedding? Never tried it....is it like a kitty litter type bedding???

*~jess~*

Salstar

Cavy Slave
I use the coles version of Breeders Choice, it is called Coles Reliance Paper Cat Litter and is 100% recycled paper. It comes in a 15L bag for $6.43 which is cheaper then the 15L Breeders Choice bag also sold at coles (I think it is around $8 something)

thecarerescue

Cavy Slave
I've been using breeder's choice for two years now, and have found no problems what so ever!
It's excellent stuff, and you can buy them in bigger bags at produce stores.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.