Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Wire Hay Rack

kathmom26

Cavy Slave
I will keep looking then. I found a store that sold the suet, but not the holder. I also like that paper towel holder if I can find one. Is there anything in Wal-Mart or Joanns I should keep my eye out for?

Kathy

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
I found suet holders in the animal section at WalMart near the birdseed. I use mine to put cilantro in instead of hay and hang it from the roof of the cage. It's pretty comical watching them march in circles to get the cilantro out while the holder spins. I also have a metal shower basket that used to have suction cups on it that I use for a hay rack. Pull off the suction cups and use cable ties to attach it to the cage.

WindeSpirit

Cavy Slave
Do be careful with anything that spins! I know the hay wheels are dangerous and would assume anything that can spin would be just as much.

I use these
more less doubles as a house.
I use these to

JarBax

Cavy Slave
Hmmm, I like that bottom pic. idea. I'm thinking, I have some really big cardboard tubes that I could attach onto the side of the cage, and fill with hay...I've always felt a bit wary of the wire hay racks (I have one 'proper' hay rack, and one made from a bent grid with a corroplast lid/overhang - Marble got in, even when it was at the top of the grids!) Could make a few, and put different types of hay in each.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.