Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Brands Why is shipping so much for Kleenmamma?

Yeah the rabbit society is about 200 miles south east of me. I need to keep it locally since I don't have a car right now (mine was totalled on christmas thank you dumb neighbor with suv who can't park in 4 inches of snow). So I am stuck looking in the immediate 30 mile area in between St. Cloud and Alexandria, MN

Have you check The Hay Barn website? There is a listing in Hugo, MN... Of course I don't know where any of these place are.. ;)

Craigslist is a good idea. I actually put a "wanted" ad in the Farm and Garden section saying that I'd pay top dollar for a good bale of fresh, sweet Timothy with no alfalfa. I got a couple of good leads, but ended up getting some free from a local farmer who is a friend.

Woot Woot! I FOUND HAY! I have been searching on CL and other places for hay. I went back to CL and searched Timothy like I have before and there is a farmer like 3 miles away that has some great hay (I hope)

(broken link removed)

I'm gonna check it out tomorrow! YEAH! I am hoping that I have a long term supplier as I have been looking for 6 months now...

If you can find someone local for hay it really cuts down on the costs. There are many places you can look for hay locally. If people post their cities sometimes other locals can suggest a farmer! Just keep looking it really pays off in the end!

Haha Nic- thats where I used to get my hay from. The guy in Hugo had amazing hay! I have been posting a wanted ad in the farm section for 6 months and have only gotten 2 emails. One had 500lb bales (YIKES) and the other had alfalfa/timothy mix. Well then there was the person last week who wanted to know what chemical composition I was looking for (uggg too much work to figure out as crops vary from year to year and such). It would cost me almost $70 for 45lbs of hay for KM and I can get 90lbs of hay from the guy up the street for $6 YEAH!

There you go! Congrats on the new supplier!

Onetwo, I was wondering which one you went with, glad you posted! I ordered SM's today and I will compare the two when the order comes in. I don't want to try anymore local hay,since my vet told me she just treated and eye injury on a piggie from that same local hay I have. So that will sit in my garage until I figure out what to do with it!

Is Kleenmama only shipping via Priority mail now? I just tried to place an order for 45 pounds of 3rd cut timothy hay and 10 pounds of pellets and the shipping was $109!!! that's 3x's the cost of the products. I used to always kinda moan when I ordered hay but it was worth it, especially since I couldn't find anything comparable locally. But this is insanity. There really is NO WAY it costs that much to ship 55 pounds. I shipped a rocking chair to california and it only cost $48!! What's going on with her site? Any insight?

I got an email announcement from her. The FedEx site wasn't working so she couldn't get the correct shipping quote. She mentioned the higher USPS price would be refunded when she ships the order.

Onetwo, I was wondering which one you went with, glad you posted! I ordered SM's today and I will compare the two when the order comes in. I don't want to try anymore local hay,since my vet told me she just treated and eye injury on a piggie from that same local hay I have. So that will sit in my garage until I figure out what to do with it!

Not all hay is created equal, so keep looking. When we found our place the timothy looked like 2nd cut and the orchard was the most green and soft hay I had ever seen, so we went with that.

Is it possible for me who live in Greece to make an order from Kleenmama's? How can I calculate my order's expenses??

(broken link removed)

25lbs timothy pellets $16 + 23.90 for shipping = 39.90
50lbs timothy pellets $28.50 + 37.65 for shipping = 66.15

Kleenmama's Hayloft
10017 N Coulee Hite Br. Rd
Reardan, WA 99029 

https://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=16630&ref=4393&subref=AA&mkwid=STkCsP106|pcrid|6252165081&cmpid=PPC-_-G-_-4393

Oxbow from defostersmith.com
Cavy cuisine pellets 50lbs 74.99 + free ship for over $50 = 74.99

https://www.sweetmeadowfarm.com/products.htmlSweet meadow timothy pellets
50 lbs $22.99 + 35.96 for shipping = $58.95

PetStupid:
Oxbow pellet
10x5lb bags = $139.99 + $5.99 the cost of shipping = 145.98

In my assesment I did not figure in getting pellets driving to a store because I knew it would be more as the nearest place was 40+ miles one way...

Also my location in central MN (which is in between east and west coast) so shipping for both was very close to the same price. I ended up buying KMs pellets because it was only $8 more for THE best. Now I am trying to find hay locally. WOW is that hard. Everyone here only carries alfalfa. lol

I have the same issue in Illlinois. It seems like all they grow here is alfalfa. I wish I could find a farmer around her that grows timothy or orchard grass.

I find Sweet Meadow hay really good, my pig loves it! Im at the end of the bag, im not sure how much I got because I got it from a local petstore, but my pig loves it! Im planning to buy from the website, and they have an item called the guinea grab bag which is 3 bags of timothy, 2 bags of sweet meadow, and a 10lb bag of pellets for only 22 dollars! With shipping the final price is 33 dollars because its on the east coast and thats where I am, so its a good deal!

I ordered the guinea grab also and the piggies love their hay, yes it's 2 bags of sweet meadow hay and 3 bags of timothy (20oz bags) and a 10 lb bag of pellets. It only cost me $5.00 more to get the guinea grab than if I had order all 5 bags of hay separately, so I went with the guinea grab to try the pellets out. Sugar really loves her Kleenmama's pellets and if I put a bowl of the SM's and KM's out she will go to the KM's. But since the cost of Sweet Meadow is a lot less for me, I wanted to give it a try. I will still be ordering my pellets from KM's and hay from SM's.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.