Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Why All This Noise?

Mommy Of One

Cavy Slave
Recently my guinea pigs picked up chirping and wheeking at specifically about 3 in the morning and honestly, it is driving me INSANE!! I have to sleep in the spare bedroom downstairs because it is so bad. I don't know why they picked this up but it isn't going away and getting better. All of the sudden I will get woken up by this chorus of wheeking piggies. They arn't low on any supply or anything. Please help!

Oh no! Could it be due to light? Is there light slipping in through your room at 3am? (Sounds silly huh).

The only other idea i could have which is kinda ewww is mice. My girls go insane if they see the mice around our place.

Hope they get over it soon Moo!

Maybe if you give them a fresh supply of fresh veggies just before you go to bed. And even if mine have hay I add a little fresh hay just before bed. I put it on the ground right outside of their hidey, so if they come out they are climbing in/over it. They end up eating hay half the night. I think it tires them out.

My boys do this too! It drives me insane, I'm getting used to it but my everyone else gets mad hahaha. My boys dont seem to be as bad as yours though. They also just dont do it at a specific time, they do it randomly it seems like. I have a feeling my boys do it for attetion, but I'm also proabbly not helping because I give them food to shut them up when ever they do it lol Is it possibly something out side that they hear, if its at about 3am everynight is it possible its a garbage truck, street cleaning truck or a milktruck or anything like that? it may someting that they hear and you dont, or maybe to them what ever it is may sound like a giant refridgorator opening or bag wrinkleing and they think food!
I'm not sure, just a possibility.

Isn't 3:00am considered the "witching" hour, maybe your piggies are trying to hoodoo voodoo you!
Have you considered putting them in the spare bedroom instead of yourself?
Just a thought, if it seems to be a nightly thing.

That's funny LP. Maybe try some 'reverse voodooing'. :)

Or you could get up and start wheeking louder and higher than they are. Throw a big piggie tantrum, maybe that'll turn them off.

Good luck.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.