Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior Whimpering while sleeping

NattaL

Cavy Gazer
So recently my youngest guinea pig has been making whimpering noises and cuddling up with my oldest while sleeping. Usually she happily sleeps alone by the hay bin. She also has been cuddling into me when I give her goodnight cuddles, which is something she doesn't normally do as she isn't a overly cuddly piggy. She is healthy and only just had her first birthday so I'm worried something is stressing her.

Guinea_Pigs_Are_A_lifest

Cavy Slave
So recently my youngest guinea pig has been making whimpering noises and cuddling up with my oldest while sleeping. Usually she happily sleeps alone by the hay bin. She also has been cuddling into me when I give her goodnight cuddles, which is something she doesn't normally do as she isn't a overly cuddly piggy. She is healthy and only just had her first birthday so I'm worried something is stressing her.
based on what you have said, it doesn’t seem like anything that you would need to treat/go to the vet to, if it seems like she is whimpering as she is in pain I will take her to the vet to get a diagnostic. just keep a very close eye on her, as piggies are very well at hiding sicknesses! and if it gets worse see a vet ☺️

NattaL

Cavy Gazer
based on what you have said, it doesn’t seem like anything that you would need to treat/go to the vet to, if it seems like she is whimpering as she is in pain I will take her to the vet to get a diagnostic. just keep a very close eye on her, as piggies are very well at hiding sicknesses! and if it gets worse see a vet ☺️
I'm glad it's something that I don't need to lose sleep over. I'll keep an eye on her. Thank you for the help.

Guinea_Pigs_Are_A_lifest

Cavy Slave
I'm glad it's something that I don't need to lose sleep over. I'll keep an eye on her. Thank you for the help.
No problem 😁