Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Conditions White pasty stuff in behind

Kim37040

Cavy Slave
My adopted pig, Charlie, now has a white substance in his anus. I noticed a little of it before when I was cleaning is perineal sac. I thought it was from the mineral oil coming in contact with too much moisture.
Now I see that it is there again and very smelly.

Anyone have any ideas?
I am so grateful George and Patch were healthy when I got them. Charlie has been a huge medical mystery to me.

(broken link removed)

Paula

Pigaholic Extraordinaire
Cavy Slave
If it's on the penis, it's smegma, but if it's within the anus itself it's something else, I want to say it's called cecum or something like that; I can't remember, but it's totally normal and no cause for concern. It's the stuff they rub on their cage to mark their scent and the source of the cage getting "stinked up" right away with boars after you put them into a clean cage sometimes.

Kim37040

Cavy Slave

kathlaaron

Cavy Slave
Yes, and Paula was correct in her memory, that whitish pastey stuff on a boars bottom IS called "cecum". I looked it up the other day !

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.