Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

What was your worst buy?

My worst buy has probably got to be one of those Snak Shak tunnels considering that they're unhealthy.

He's doing good. Spoiled. Rotten! He's a funny little guy though. Barring an overseas move (which is actually likely at this point in my husband's career) he's stuck with us :) I had a thread not long ago where I posted a couple pictures of him and his pal, Lenny. Which reminds me, I need to post some I took of Lenny last night.

I'd love to see them.

Yeah, the expandable tunnel is only nice if you have a pressurized hose attackment so you can blast off nasty gunk outside. More work than what it's worth for some people.

My worst buy was this big purple tunnel. The piggies LOVED it. Me, not so much! They peed and pooped in it and there was absolutely no way to clean the thing. Poop got smashed in between the ridges and it was disgusting! QUOTE]

The rescue gave me theirs because my piggies loved the thing! It's not only horrible for what you said, but if you do clean it successfully, then try to collapse it before it's completely dry, it sprinkles you with water. Plus if the piggies don't want to come out, their nails get in the ridges and you're pretty much out of luck. At least a cardboard tube, you can gently raise it and they'll start sliding out :D

yes those edible logs and shaks my piggies dont really eat the logs dont know why.

yes those edible logs and shaks my piggies dont really eat the logs dont know why.

It's good that they don't eat them. Most of them have ingredients that are horrible for your pig. I think the logs and shacks both have honey in them. Not good at all!.

mine was this:

(broken link removed)

The anti-leak mechanism makes the ball super hard and my pigs were already used to a softer spring-free one. I know is not item's fault, but I ended loosing $12 (not a lot anyway!!)

mine was this:

(broken link removed)

The anti-leak mechanism makes the ball super hard and my pigs were already used to a softer spring-free one. I know is not item's fault, but I ended loosing $12 (not a lot anyway!!)

I tried that bottle, too, and threw it out.

It's good that they don't eat them. Most of them have ingredients that are horrible for your pig. I think the logs and shacks both have honey in them. Not good at all!.
my piggies dont eat it they just play in it but i dont have any now

My worst buy was this big purple tunnel. The piggies LOVED it. Me, not so much! They peed and pooped in it and there was absolutely no way to clean the thing. Poop got smashed in between the ridges and it was disgusting!

View attachment 24127
My pigs loved the twig tunnel as well, and I liked it too, however they ate it in about 2 weeks so it wasn't very economical.

My best purchase was a litter box to put under their hay racks. It keeps the fleece clean and makes my job much easier!

Ahh! I was just at petco the other day and was going to buy this tunnel, im glad i didnt lol

My worst buys are the "(broken link removed)" and the "(broken link removed)". She never uses the knot thing, it just gets in her way, and the bell scares the crap out of her when ever she bumps into it!

My best buys would have to be....umm I guess her hay rack and the fleece I used to make her cozy sack :) Oh, another worst buy, the fleece I bought to make her cuddle cup! She never uses it! :(

Either that, or those edible logs. My girls were in LOVE with them, and I went through two before finding out they were bad for them. Shoot.

You mean (broken link removed)? (Just the apple stick part, I didn't get the other things) Good to know! However, Ginger doesn't even chew on those, so I guess it doesn't matter anyway :p

Worst buy? Probably the water bottle. They didn't drink out of it at all..so we bought another dish and put water in it. It's a ball bearing one but still...my pigs wouldn't drink out of it so out of a panic I went and got another heavy ceramic dish and they've been drinking out of that ever since. (it's much easier to clean too) we have one of those snack shacks and they don't eat it. They prefer to chew on the cardboard tubes we have in there.

My worst buys are the "(broken link removed)" and the "(broken link removed)". She never uses the knot thing, it just gets in her way, and the bell scares the crap out of her when ever she bumps into it!

I have to agree with this one. At least with my other "bad buys" they got a LITTLE bit of a use out of it. With these he just ignored them. Like completely. I ended up giving the "Nut Knot Nibbler" to my sister's rabbit and he basically just tore it apart and left it too. And any of the hanging wood things I've bought have been ignored by the guinea pig, the rabbit AND the hamster. Basic waste of money and disappointing to say the least.

I have to agree with this one. At least with my other "bad buys" they got a LITTLE bit of a use out of it. With these he just ignored them. Like completely.

Exactly.

You mean (broken link removed)? (Just the apple stick part, I didn't get the other things) Good to know! However, Ginger doesn't even chew on those, so I guess it doesn't matter anyway :p
No, actually I was talking about (broken link removed). Although, I did have those apple stick chews too. My girls wouldn't even touch them, I guess they were a bad buy too.

My worst buy was that Hay roller thing. I thought it would be neat but my pig barely ate from it. I guess my pig likes better access to the hay so he can stick his face in it. lol

@arionat799 My piggies love their Nut Knot Nibbler... though I have a different version that has a wooden ball inside rather than a real nut. They roll it around and toss it and chew it like crazy! I guess it goes to show that GPs have very unique likes and dislikes. lol

Ugh, mine was a simple water bottle from super pet. It was one of those huge ones, that holds tons of water, which I thought would be good, seeing as I have 4 guinea pigs, soon to be 6 who drink like crazy! So I ordered it off amazon, loaded it up with water, and put it in the cage. I saw a little bit of leakage, but that happens with all my water bottle. Next thing I know, I walk in there to see if they were using it, and the cage was FLOODED! I picked up the pigs, and put them in a bin, cleaned the cage, and tried to see what was wrong with the water bottle, it was leaking from the spout, AND where you twist it on. It's still sitting by my door, as I haven't thrown it out. It cost me like $30 plus the cost of having to throw out clean bedding, hay that was drenched, pellets, and a few toys. :(

All the Snak-Shak stuff. I bought my pigs the hut and they LOVED it so I bought a tunnel too and maybe even something else. Then I realized they are terrible for them and pitched them all and felt guilty ever since! We stick to lots of fleece now..fleece tunnels, cozies, sleeping bag...you get the point!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.