Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

What is wrong with advertising execs? Disturbing video

salana

Lethal Guru
Cavy Slave
(broken link removed)

This is quite disturbing and disgusting. Who the hell pitched this?:sick: :yuck:

And people wonder why animal cruelty is a problem.

Makes you wonder what idiot not only suggested this but what idiot approved it as well.

It is videos like that which keep me away from ebaums world.

Erm....its called computer trickery! And as for people who are cruel to animals - they usually don't need to get ideas from commercials, it's in their nature already.

Yes, of course it's not real.

No, of course no-one ever thought it was.

But you can bet your ass there will be at least one or two idiots in the world that wonder if they CAN decapitate their pet using their electric sunroof after seeing that advert.

No... I'm not joking.

Boy some people really have sick minds...that's just gross:sad:
*~jess~*

That is sick and wrong! Apparently the person has no animals and doesn't care...What a sick mind that person has!:yikes:

:eek:hmy: Um.. That's all I've to to say. Wow.

I really can't believe someone has the audacity to call that advertisement. My mouth is still wide open from the shock of seeing that. Real or not, there's something seriously wrong with the idea of decapitating any type of living thing.

It's 'viral marketing' which is the latest craze among marketing teams and executives. Designed to overcome the shortcomings of traditional advertising campaigns. Basically it's "friend-to-friend" marketing, the adds are designed to either make you laugh or cry, to feel funny or feel upset, one of those extremes. Versus most adds where you will feel nothing-at-all. And yes there are pleanty of people that will find the add absolutely hilarious.

Regardless of how it makes you feel, it makes you feel _something_, it makes you feel motivated to do _something_, even if that something is just to get up in arms and alert your friends to the add.

If you are the type that gets angry when you see it, you are probably not in the target market for the car. The car is aimed more at someone who enjoys fast, reckless, throughtless behavior; someone who puts his own safety, and that of others, second to the performance of the vehicle. It's named at people who are 'bad' and 'rotten' inside and know it. But even if you do get angry at the add, that doesn't mean Ford writes you off completely, you can still help distribute the add to people who will find it funny. Hence the name 'viral marketing'.

The best thing you can do is to fight what you feel and just ignore it, drawing attention to it (even negative attention) just helps further the add and further encourage these types of advertising campaigns.

My sick sense of humour.
that's just ridiculous. Who'd want a car that could chop off a child's head?

:mad: As someone who just lost a beloved pet, I find that video TRULY and UTTERLY disgusting and repulsive!! I do not give a *#it if it's fake or real. The persons responsible are deplorable for even putting that together for others to view. I'm glad to hear that Ford never ran it!!

It's sick! Even me, with the strangest sense of humour, is offended.

I'm glad to hear that Ford never ran it!!

From what snoops says about it, it did run to its fullest potential! It was never meant for T.V., it was supposed to be for email distribution, and 2 years after the fact, we are talking about it, so I suppose it was effective.

Enough to make me never buy Ford, ever in my life.

That's a shame that they ran it. I'm very disappointed. I must've read it wrong from above. Very disgusting!!

That's a shame that they ran it. I'm very disappointed. I must've read it wrong from above. Very disgusting!!

They claim that they pulled it, and blamed the advertising agency, saying they never wanted it, but it "leaked", a lot of people don't buy it. I don't think I do.

Enough to make me never buy Ford, ever in my life.

Back home it is said that Ford stands for many things:

Found On Road Dead
Fix Or Repair Daily
Fast Only Running Downhill
Flip Over Read Directions

Some how I don't think a sick ad will help their reputation.

Sabriel, if John Lennon was alive, he'd base a song on what you just wrote. Wow, sounds like a sort of Walrus Song. Sorry, that's what popped into my head when I read that... I'm so strange.

Oh I take absolutly no credit. I learned most of those from my husband's NASCAR watching, demolition durbry *participating* family.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.