Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Bonding What is a bonded pair?

ajb123

Cavy Slave
I'm just curious what exactly it means for guinea pigs to be a bonded pair? I can't find an answer on google!

fresian.m

Cavy Slave
It means two guinea pigs are close. Like you would be to a family member or friend. It means you they shouldn't be separated.

GPigsRSweet

Cavy Slave
--Pigs that already have been introduced and get along well.

Also, a side note: Google really isn't the most reliable source for guinea pig info, so I'd recommend just searching right in this forum instead. There are TONS of threads out there that might hold your answer! Just a thought for when you have future questions.

lissie

Cavy Slave
A bonded pair for me means guinea pigs who can tolerate living together. I've never seen mine snuggle up to each other. I'm just glad they're not trying to kill each other.

cam767

Cavy Slave
A bonded pair for me means guinea pigs who can tolerate living together. I've never seen mine snuggle up to each other. I'm just glad they're not trying to kill each other.
Don't make me laugh. My ribs hurt from all the coughing I'm doing! I guess my 2 sons are bonded....barely. lol

3piggiepigs

Cavy Slave
Does that mean only two can bond? Because I have 3 piggie's and I often think one is pushed out (she's been a bit bullied). The last couple of day's she's been much more confident.

cam767

Cavy Slave
I'm not sure how it works with piggies (I hope to get mine Saturday if the hurricane stays away lol) . I have 3 ferrets. They are all bonded to each other but there are times (as with any cage mates) that two get along better at one time. My male rough houses and with the smallest girl. When she gets dragged around the oldest female will go bully the boy away from her. But just as easily they will all snuggle together in a sleep sack. I'm guessing it works the same in piggie world. One may be "getting on the nerves of the others" and be banned from the little group until they fall in line.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.