Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

what do you do to make the coroplst tray

D

dbatche

what do you do to make the coroplst tray

We have a great cage but it has no tray so the bedding is all over everywhere. We have looked all over for a good tray- thought about using drip tray for washer/dryer but it is too small. I saw the pictures of the trays that sound like they are made from coroplast.. assuming I can find the stuff, how do you make a tray with it? What do you use to attach sides and corners? Is the stuff heavy? Is it hard to cut? I want my kids to be able to clean out the cage etc...

Attachments

DSCF4291.jpg
M

momma cavy3160

Re: what do you do to make the coroplst tray

coroplast (corrugated plastic), looks just like card board except it's made entirely of plastic. depending on the size you need, its not that heavy. at the main cavy cages site (https://www.guineapigcages.com) there's a link that will show you how to assemble it into a base for the cage (you can even print out the instructions, so you won't have to keep running over to the computer for the instructions). it is very easy to clean and is very strong, and you can also add on as your piggies get older, or if you plan on getting more to add to your piggie family

B

Briana D

Also on the front page of https://www.guineapigcages.com there is a link to a database of places that people have found the materials for a cubes and coroplast cage.

A

AvonleaMum

I just wanted to add that the thought of finding the coroplast and figuring out how to get it home (we both drive sedans) intimidated me. Ultimately I looked up signmakers in my yellow pages, showed up at one of them and for 10 bucks, plus 3 bucks to precut it for me, I had my coroplast in the color my daughter wanted. Ours was cut 40"x60", and that plus the scraps fit right into my trunk with a couple of cables to hold the trunk down. It was really easier than I thought!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.