Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Wanted to clear things up

Status
Not open for further replies.

cinn&sprinslave

Cavy Slave
As some of you may know, TinaFabulous was banned from this forum. Tina is my friend, and she asked me if I would post a message from her to all of you. She just wanted to clear something up that was said, because some of you took it the wrong way:

By saying I hope those of you who don’t know God would meet him soon, I in no way meant to say that I hope you’d die. I want you to know this because I would never wish anyone to dead, I meant this in the nice way because in my religion you can meet God while your still alive, we believe that God is capable of being everywhere at the same time. I think it was a Christian who first took this statement the wrong and I want her/him to know that we believe that God is capable of being here on earth with us so we don’t have to necessarily be dead to be with him as Christians. As far as being with God eternally that is a totally different thing and I won’t start on it.

I never at any point said that anyone’ opinions or ideas were useless, or that you couldn’t get to heaven having a different religion as me. Only that the bible which I believe in fully says that the only way to the father is through Jesus, so in that way I do believe faith in Jesus is needed to get to heaven. But as far as judging other people and their religions that’s something only God can do.

I have heard of and understand that it is totally possible for people to believe in the Jewish faith, that it is possible for people not to believe in Jesus yet still believe in God. However what I meant is it is not possible to believe in my God and not Jesus because Jesus is God according to the Christian faith.

I’m sorry to hear that so many of you seem to think I’m an awful person, it feels terrible to hear you say these things about me, even when you do not know me and a lot of what I posted had been misinterpreted. Words are still words and it hurt reading what a lot of you had said about me.

Anyway please do not get angry with Cinn she's a great friend for posting this for me and I hope it clears things up. --Tina

That is your message from Tina. I know she felt really bad that some of you thought she was wishing death apon you. Please just read her last message, don't start arguing again.

~Cinn

Piglet

Cavy Slave
Oh yeah, you never said this did you?

"Well thats quite an oxymoron because Jesus IS God, and there is no way to the father except through him... Also I find your attitude is pointless, I dont care, go through a temper tantrum, yell at me, you're only waisting your energy and your breath"

However, apart from that, I do think it's good that you cleared things up.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
With that being said. I am issuing a strong warning that since I closed the other thread because it got out of hand, that I will close this one as well if the "fights" start up again concerning religion. It you all think that your being denied your "freedom of speech" well then go to a religion forum and take it up there because the mods are getting a bit tired of it here. I think we would all be better off if we just have respect that different people have different religious views and leave it at that.

silkerlover

Cavy Slave
Cinn&sprinslave, since you are her friend, tell her I dont think she's an awful person at ALL! I agree with everything she says and I'm very proud of her, lol!
Ly&Pigs, since you are a moderater, I want to ask you something. Why CAN'T we have a thread on religion? It would be in the kitchen, of course. After all, "if you can stand the heat, get out of the kitchen!"

Piglet

Cavy Slave
You know why we cannot have a thread on religion on this forum. You saw how the thread with Tina turned out... things get out of hand too quickly!

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
The reason is simple. CavySpirit (Teresa) says NO and it is her forum.

Poohbear
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

Piglet

Cavy Slave
Wouldn't it be nice though to have a good, civilised thread where we could share our views...

Access

Cavy Slave
Some of the ancient cultures worshipped different animals (egyptians -> cats, indians -> cows, etc.) but I don't believe any ancient culture ever worshipped cavies. More the other way around, if you are a good owner, your cavies will be thankful to you.

People come here to talk about Cavies, I don't think we want to attract the other type of people who will come here to argue about non-cavy issues.

Piglet

Cavy Slave
true, but then what's the general forum for? It's to talk about general issues...

pookczek

Cavy Slave
Teresa said no, so let's leave it at that....

Emily F.

Cavy Slave
Piglet said:
Wouldn't it be nice though to have a good, civilised thread where we could share our views...
That would be awesome, but I don't think it will ever happen, but maybe I'm wrong.

Sabriel

Cavy Slave
I would like to point out to all the people that don't like the fact the Teresa said "No" to religion that I assume that she pays for the space for this forum to exist. So it is not public space but *her* space which she has invited us into. Treat her like a hostess. You wouldn't trample somebody's house rules. So why does everyone rush to trample forum rules? She could very well cut this forum off from the public and make it membership viewable only (and she may well have a part of this forum that is. Mine does), but she hasn't. You should be thankful that she puts the time, effort and money into running this place. It's not easy to run a forum. My six member forum is more than enough work for me.

*Steps off soap box*

RubyPiggie2

Cavy Slave
Sabriel, I have a question.

Did you get your screen name from the book Sabriel, written by Garth Nix?

Gosh, I love that book. Awesome screenname!

Oh, by the way. I agree with you, it's Teresa's site, and she sets the rules.

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
This thread is closed. Cinn&... if you do that again, you or anyone else who does that will be banned along with your banned friends.

I don't know how many more ways I have to say it. NO RELIGION on this forum. And ANY reports of misuse of PMs are grounds for immediate banning.

You are making me feel like a bitch for taking a hard line, but that's the way it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.