Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Wood Pellets/Chips Trying out wood pellets and vetbed

dawnmb57

Cavy Slave
My favorite hand vac for the cavy cage is the B&D 20v cordless vac (details below). In addition to having sufficient power, the particular feature that you want to look at closely is how the charger connects to the vac itself. Most of them that I've owned or examined have a flimsy connector that can easily become bent or simply fail. You can find one at a cheaper price than the one I like, but in this regard........you get what you pay for.

I have owned several hand vacs and invariably they would simply not last with the kind of use that ours gets. I own the previous model of this vac and have been very pleased with its performance. One can always locate a 20% off coupon for BBB and that brings the cost down to a competitive price. It picks up both poops and hay, and although the hay will clog the vac, it's super easy to unclog and to empty. I wash all the removable parts weekly as part of my cage clean process. One simply MUST empty any vac after each use or it will begin to accumulate nasty odors that will be emitted on the next use. :sick:

If you can physically get to a BBB store to look at the vacs, all the better so that you know what you're buying. Good luck with finding something that satisfies your needs!

(broken link removed)
This is the hand vac that I bought!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.