Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Today I

teadragon

Cavy Slave
Studying isn't the most exciting thing in the world, so I'm going to invite you all to play with me: What have you all done today?

Today I: Woke up at 8 to cancel a doctors appointment, woke up at 8:30 to try and get through to the surgery and went to sleep again until 10, missing my first lecture of the day. I went to sleep again instead of snoozing (I have serious morning problems I'm trying to fix.) and eventually heaved myself out of bed at 1pm feeling incredibly sluggish and wasteful of the day.

I got dressed, fed the pig and wondered about taking Cashew into the vet because he seems to be scratching more than I'd like. I then waited for the boyfriend to come back home with my flatmate, when he arrived we both went into town after I raked through the house trying to find my student card and bank card - both of which I'd lost.

Went into town to pick up some stuff my mum wanted me to buy from the city. Boyfriend bought lunch, we came home to eat it. Watched a movie with flatmate, brought Cashew into the living room to force pettings and hugs on him and then boyfriend left for work.

I'm now waiting for work at 9:30pm, trying to study (but... ugh. Effort!)

I then decided to procrastinate. So: what have you all done today? :crazy:

guineapigluver1

Cavy Slave
Today I:
My mom got me up at 8:00 (slept in an hour late :eek: ) told me that it had snowed and I almost screamed (It has NEVER snowed in November here in NC that I can remember people! It was rare that we even got snow the last 3 years where we lived, let alone in November)
At 8:05 I fed the cats.
At 8:15 I groomed the cats.
At 8:30 I got dressed.
At 8:40 I ate breakfast.
At roughly 8:50 to 9:00 I went grocery shopping with my mom and 2 of my brothers.
We got home at almost 12:00 PM put the grocerys we had away and ate lunch.
At 1:00 my mom and 2 brothers (one from earlier went the other stayed home and another went as well) and sister went out to finish the grocery shopping.
Until 3:30-4:00 I was helping to watch my little brother.
When they got home from grocery shopping I put the grocerys away.
And now I'm on the computer.
I had a few breaks while watching my borther that I was on the computer today.
Exciting, huh?

AnimalHouse36

Cavy Slave
Whoa guineapigluver, where's the piggies?

Well I had an exciting day (not)
6:30 the alarm went off.
7:00 I woke up
7:20 fed the pigs
3:20, held the pigs
5:45 basket ball till 7:30
7:45 fed the piggs again
and now here I am! Isn't life wonderful! (not)

guineapigluver1

Cavy Slave
Oh yeah, I forgot that I scooped the litter box out multiple times and changed it. :D
I haven''t adopted any guinea pigs yet, but hopefully it will be soon!

teadragon

Cavy Slave
LOL - I see we all have exciting lives.

At work last night I: Went out in the FREEZING COLD to PR and befriend all drunks of the world to go to my nightclub. I then went in to help with games. Played with the wii, danced around a bit, danced on stage (part of my job), realised someone had kept the heating on making all the dancers feel ill, sold shots, got grumpy and then went to bed at 5am.

Umm... now I'm becoming bored of someone telling me that it's fine to house rabbits and pigs together.

dra&pigs

Cavy Slave
Lets see...
Got up at 10:00 (the beauty of little brothers who want you to watch cartoons on Sat.)
Fed the pigs, spot-cleaned at 11
Held pigs, screamed at brothers (I have many) until like 12
Went to 1 of my brothers hockey practice, played baseball in the snow with some guy-friends until 2
Called up friends and went to see TWILIGHT!!! AT 2:30 (sorry for the caps)
Am sitting here on computer, IMing about Twilight and typing this and taking care of yet another brother, who is sick

5guinea5pig5

Cavy Slave
6:30am woke up
6:45am got out of bed
7:00am feed piggies
7:30am emptied piggies food bowls
7:45am at breakfast
8:00am pet piggies
8:30am worked out
9:45am fell alseep
11:00am woke me and kids up
11:05am feed dogs, cats, tortoise late breakfast(woops :p)
11:45am took dogs for walk
12:00pm took kid to gutair lessons
12:45pm drove to adoption agency with kid to volunteer
1:00pm called wife telling her to pick up other kid at gutair
2:00pm got annoyed by kid because he was hungry
2:15pm made salad for everyone
2:30pmtook dogs for walk
2:45pm took tortoise out for free time
3:00pm drove to brother's house to watch football
3:30pm finally got to relax and watch recorded football game
5:30pm relaxing over and had to make dinner
6:00pm put tortoise in cage and took dogs for another walk
6:15pm feed dogs, cats and tortiose dinner
6:45pm took piggies in my room for free time and dinner
7:15pm relaxed and got on here

Isn't like so busy?

hueyeats

Cavy Slave
Good thread!

Well... I just got back from an all day thing with DH; he always have to take off to some road trips every weekend (guess he really misses his harley trips).

Got up at 10:00 am (Dh loves his sleep on the weekend)
Had breakfast at 10:30 am
Chores & guinea veg. feedings at 11 ish
Got out of the house by 11:30 am
Road trip from MD (back roads) to PA Amish countries
--------------------------------------------------------
(Then a good memorial chapter for our road trip today; kinda sad though)
2:00 pm arrived at (broken link removed)
(feeling hungry stopping for food)
Saw the sign Restaurant "closed" Oct. 4th 2008 & sign next to it "Today's the last day"???

Hubby said "let's go!" (he wanted to hit the road again!)... a lady got out of her car & said "is it not open?" then a guy opened up the door & said "come on in"

We went in & thought to just look around... it was really sad to see a great place like this going out of business in today's economy. The restaurant was closed but today is their last they to consolidate whatever is "sellable" through the market part of their business. I went to use their bathroom & noticed they do not even have hot water, the utilities is about to be shut off. I went with a heavy heart, it was a very nice place at one time I could see... to see what they have left. Yes, I wanted to buy something, to help them at least with their last day of their business.

I got 5 jars of maple syrup, a 5 lb packet restaurant links, bacon, sausage, candies (huge Jaw Breakers) & chocolate plus a bumper sticker from "the brown cow". When I got to the register, I asked the lady what time will they be closed today? She said, "at 3:00pm". It is about 2:37 pm now my cell said, I paid for my goods, wishing her to have a Merry X'mas & a Happy Thanksgiving then left that store (wishing that nice place is not another bleak reminder & victim of our economy). That place will be a part of my memory of today... such a beautiful place too.
----------------------------------------------------------
to continue on...
Around 3:15 pm, we are almost out of gas (oh no) and it is very had to find a gas station in this remote part of the Armish country where gas stations is few & far between (we only came across 1 real town-like area the route we take). It was at that town we found our gas to take us back on the road again!
4:00 pm we arrived at Crackle Barrel. We were seated immediately as we are before dinner hours. Both me & DH reminisemse that the Brown Cow was very probably like the Crackle Barrel but with a less commercial touch. We love Crackle Barrel don't get us wrong (we are actually considered regulars as we love their food & it is not something of my style of cooking that I make at home)... it just reminded us of the other restaurant today.

I have just concluded my trip just now. Eventful I would say...

P.S. We brought Yam-Yam as our travel buddy today with a baggy full of treats & veggies of course!

guineapigluver1

Cavy Slave
Lets see...
Got up at 10:00 (the beauty of little brothers who want you to watch cartoons on Sat.)
Fed the pigs, spot-cleaned at 11
Held pigs, screamed at brothers (I have many) until like 12
Went to 1 of my brothers hockey practice, played baseball in the snow with some guy-friends until 2
Called up friends and went to see TWILIGHT!!! AT 2:30 (sorry for the caps)
Am sitting here on computer, IMing about Twilight and typing this and taking care of yet another brother, who is sick

How many brothers do you have? I have 4 (thankfully I have 3 sisters though), and my mom is having another baby, but we don't know the gender yet-hopefully not another boy.

dra&pigs

Cavy Slave
Six. Noah and David are older, then comes me, then Hayden, Will, and the twins, Hunter and Gavin. Dinner is always crazy, but they are great if you want to go play something. However, I'm sister-less, which does make things horrible when you need revenge. Luckily, I have several cousins who live a block away whom are all girls and willing to help with my evil schemes.

AnimalHouse36

Cavy Slave
Dra, I'm the only girl in my family too! But I'm the youngest and only have two older brothers. But most of my cousins are much older. Gee 7 kids?!

And guienapigluver 8! How do you guys survive!

guineapigluver1

Cavy Slave
:D It's fine most of the time but there are times where my brothers and youngest sister drive me up the wall. Wow, 6 brothers? I don't know if I could live with that many brothers!

teadragon

Cavy Slave
Today I:

woke up at 12, glanced at clock, felt emptiness of the flat, realised I was alone so went back to sleep.
Woke up at 4pm. Groaned at time. Groaned at headache. Felt bad for wasting the day and grumpy that I didn't get home until 6am from work.
4:10pm - got up, fed guinea pig, slouched around house. Watched tv. Avoided making breakfast
4:15 - boyfriend came, grumped at boyfriend. Got dressed, took painkillers for super-headache of doom.
4:30 - skipped shower, got dressed, went out to buy dinner to share with boyfriend and 5 limes for presentation tomorrow.

While out, I realised that every time I pass the vegetable section in any store I always think of the guinea pig before I consider whether I can eat what I'm buying too and if it'll go with anything I already have. Hmph!

- also went for a romantic stroll through the city to see the christmas lights <3

5:45 - made dinner with boyfriend, putting our own topping on a cheap cheese pizza. We piled it high and estimated the time it'd be ready.
Watched "The Dog Whisperer" while pizza was cooking.

Also: brought guinea pig into living room for "Human Time"

6:15pm - ate pizza.

7:17pm - distracting self with internet forums before doing work.

what a lazy day I've had.

Jenni_Feathers

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Today I...

Woke up @ 11:30.
I cursed at the heater becuase I was freezing.
I fed the screaming Guinea Piggys and gave them a blankie to keep warm.
I fed the cats.
I let the dogs out for a bit, then let them in and fed them.

At 12 I took a quick shower, and then met my friends @ burger king, I tried the Oreo Shake for the first time, and it was amazing.

At 1:30ish I got home, and took the dogs on a walk randomly around our property, took a ton of pictures, stumbled across a dead deer :yuck:

Around 3-ish we came back home and I uploaded the pics I took onto my laptop. I then made them into a slideshow with music becuase I had nothing better to do with my life.

4:00-ish I finished the slideshow and published it, then I cleaned the cat litter box, took the dogs out, and scooped gpig poops.

5:00 I fed my piggies another meal. And then got on here...and so here I am.

And I still need to feed the dogs, feed the cats, feed the gpigs again, feed myself, let the gpigs out for a while and...I guess thats it. Haha today was a boring lazy sunday.

dra&pigs

Cavy Slave
AnimalHouse and guineapiglover1-Yeah, we get pretty crazy sometimes. But maybe thats why when I started kindergarten, I was the only girl who didn't have a Barbie in her house. Noah and David taught me well, though, even if as I look through my baby clothes, for the most part, I'm sure they came from the boys section. We do have plenty of wars, though, and quite often I get bombarded with whatever they are currently interested in bombarding me with, because they play "boys against girls", which always cracks them up. *Sigh*

piggyluv

Cavy Slave
We do have plenty of wars, though, and quite often I get bombarded with whatever they are currently interested in bombarding me with, because they play "boys against girls", which always cracks them up. *Sigh*
Boys against girl, more likelol! How do you live with 6 brothers?

Well, today I...
7:00 woke up, fell back asleep:rolleyes:
7:18 woke up again, realized I slept too long
7:30 ate breakfast
7:40 fed the pig pellets and hay
7:45 brushed my teeth
7:50 fed my piggie veggies
8:00 left the house
3:20 waited at the bus stop for 50+ minutes in the below freezing temperatures, in the rain/snow/cold. My low point of the day:p
4:30 finally got home, can't feel the tips of my fingers anymore.
6:30 ate dinner
6:45 took piggie out for an attempt nail clipping time (notice the word attempt.) Fed him, gave him dinner salad.
8:50 now on the computer typing about my incredibly boring day.

I have such an exciting life, don't you think?:rolleyes:

dra&pigs

Cavy Slave
piggyluv-The lock on my door is my best friend. lol
Today I:
Woke up at six, got ready for school
Walked to the bus stop, talked with friends
Cursed at bus driver who was not there and was leaving me freezing :)sad: )
Got to school, bell rang as I went to first period
Made it through first half of school
(Ok, I've had a sore elbow for like a day now) Was fooling around with friends and got pushed into wall, elbow began to get really bad, was sent to nurse and diagnosed with sprained elbow. :)yuck: )
Continued day, fended off elbow questions best I could
Glady jumped aboard bus to go home
Got home, was bored and made a powerpoint on my schedule
Logged onto here and opened this post.
*Typing*

Angelgal
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

piggyluv

Cavy Slave
Dra&pigs- It must be loads of fun over at your house! Wow, it must be exciting with so many siblings! And guineapigluver1, too! You're the people with the most siblings I've ever known! :eye-poppi But it must be fun, because you're never bored, having nobody to play with!

5guinea5pig5

Cavy Slave
Here's my day today:
6:30am-woke up
6:35am- got out of bed
7:00am-woke kids and wife up
7:15am- begged wife to make coffee and breakfast
7:30am-at breakfast
7:45am-took kids to school
8:00am-fed cats, dogs, tortoise and guinea pigs
8:20am- took shower and shaved
9:00am- got dressed
9:15am- took dogs for walk
9:30am- worked out
10:30am- took a nap
11:45am- woke up
12:30pm- went to go buy new guitar hero to surprise kids
1:00pm- made lunch
1:30pm- set up guitar hero world tour
1:45pm-played guitar her world tour
3:30pm-stopped playing and went to go pick up kids
3:45pm-crushed kids in guitar hero
4:00pm- took dogs to park
5:15pm- came home
5:30pm- made dinner
6:00 fed piggies
6:10 got on here

I'm always busy...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.