Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

This is me and my Peruvian piggies

Yahhh I also wish I lived in the UK or the USA cause their its easier to find better homes!!!! But sadly I'm stuck here!!!! U know I have no issue with giving away Guinea pigs I just wanna make sure I know where they are going to and the last place I wanted them to go to was the petshop!!!! So saddddd but hopefully they will all be fine!!! And I wish I could know how they are doing in the future!!!! but I can't!! So frustrating

the only issue is that he jumps into their cage once its open and tries to play with them

This is NOT the only issue. The other issue is that your pigs are not safely and adquately housed, and you are allowing a situation where they can get repeatedly pregnant.

Disposing of guinea pigs at a pet shop is a VERY poor way to rehome them. As you've already discovered, they're not housed properly, they can be bought by people with no knowledge of guinea pig care, they may not be properly separated by sex, so the baby pigs will be having baby pigs. You need to step up and stop allowing your pigs to get pregnant. That way, you won't have to leave them in a "hell hole" or be frustrated by not knowing where they go. Your current sows will be healthier and safer if they're not allowed to become pregnant.

It's your responsibility to care for your pigs. I'd suggest that you begin by providing better caging, and by making absolutely sure that the males can't get to the females.

Okay))) I will ) try and make it better)) for my piggies)

Hey everyone) I know I have been a bad piggy mommy!!!! And I'm sorry to have made anyone angry) but now I have secured my cage from my cats as its cat prove) and today i have noticed that indeed all my three females are pregnant) so I just thought u guys should know!!! And I want u guys to know I do love my babies with all my heart) and I don't intentionally do it!!!! So hope I didn't get off on the wrong foot)

Could you get your male(s) neutered?

Well....not all piggys purchased in
Pet stores go to bad homes...I should have been smarter to realize there are piggy mills just like puppy mills but that is where I got all 4 of my pigs. I take great care of them and did my research as to how to feed them and care for them. At the shelter here it is 1st come first served. I went there taking an hour off work without pay and calling on my way there only to be disappointed that someone else beat me there...maybe someone that didn't know how to care for it even. Just saw it's picture going around on facebook. I hate Miller's but I do love my 4 piggys...

Hey 3littlepigz) actually I planned on getting my male guinea pug neutered last year and we went around looking for the best vet for exotic animals in Moldova) and we found one vet!!! And personally I didn't like him to much I didn't trust him!!! He told me I had to starve my pig 12 hours before the operation and I told him no way its so dangerous!!! I did previous research on neutering before going to the vet and they specifically said that if the vet says to starve your pet then its an inexperienced vet!!! And I didn't want my guinea pig to be his practice!! I could clearly see he knew nothing about Guinea pigs so I decided it was best to keep him with his son so then he won't be lonely!!!!! So yes if we had gooooood vets then 100% sure I would if got him neutered!!!! U see people here don't really care much about taking their small animal to the vet and that what makes me sad cause if my babies got sick where would I take them???? So I have been scouring the while of Moldova for exotic vets for over a year now) thank u for the suggestion though)))

The most adorable piggies! I can't find Peruvians anywhere!!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.