Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General Stuborn Piggie that won't eat her pellets.

3cpiggies

Cavy Slave
Camel is five years old and a little less than a year ago her cage mate died so I adopted a pair of really small baby females. I was just running out of pellets so I got an Alfalfa pellet for the babies. Needless to say Camel loved the alfalfa pellets. The babies are gonna be a year in a few months and the pellets were low so I went back to the timothy pellets. They eat sweet meadow farms pellets. I gradually switched and she would pick out the alfalfa pellets. Now there is only timothy pellets and she is being stubborn and barely eating them. The babies seem to love the pellets, but Camel wants the alfalfa pellets. I really wish that I had just kept with the timothy pellets even with the babies, cause Camel is super stubborn and always has been. Is there any way to get her to start eating them more is it is just giving it time? How long could it take until she really starts to eat the pellets like before? Also she still eats her hay and veggies like crazy so should I be worried?

I wouldn't be too worried, some piggies are just picky. I wouldn't mix them, just give her timothy, it is better for her anyway and she shouldn't have alfalfa, it has extra vitamins she doesn't need or should have. Once you give her the timothy only, she will eat it just fine, I mean she really won't have a choice on what to eat because she would just have her timothy pellets back. I think the little pigs might need the alfalfa pellets though. Do you know for sure how old they are?

I have been giving only the timothy pellets for a few weeks now after i made the switch for two weeks. The babies are almost 10 months now and Charlie is a big pig while Chestnut is a about the same size as Camel now. I figured that it was time to go back to the timothy pellets especially since i was almost out.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.