Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Vet Searching for Cavy Vet in Amarillo, TX

• Thread starter pigtownprincess
  • Start date

pigtownprincess

Cavy Slave
I am looking for a qualified and reliable cavy vet in Amarilo, TX. My female cavy has a horrendous cough that sounds like she has a frog in her throat. She also has a gruff sound when she is breathing. She is eating well and drinking plenty of water. We adopted her from Petco free of charge becuase they could not find a home for her. Shortly after we adopted her she started having a fatty area under her chin develop. The area is soft like it is excess skin, and it is seeming to grow. Other than the strange sounds she is making she seems to being very well. Could this be an allergy to pine bedding or something worse? I would really appreciate any help in locating a good vet for her and her sisters. Thank you in advance.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.