Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior Scared me to death!

Wheekie
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

PiggieMom

Cavy Slave
I've always read (on here and guinealynx, the two sources of information that I trust) that guinea pigs can sleep with their eyes open. I know mine do.

SFailed186

Cavy Slave
I agree with PiggieMom. My three girls do it all of the time. It's kinda creepy. lol My one girl, Freya, falls asleep while she's watching me from across the room. It looks like she is having an intense staring contest, but she is really asleep. : )

fieryone

Cavy Slave
My Lucy seems to sleep with her eyes open all the time and it's kind of freaky. The other two seem to just rest with them open and actually sleep with them closed.

Africa

Cavy Slave
ha ha, thats so funny!! i wonder if its because they are prey animals so its like they are wired to be on the look out all the time for predators so they fall asleep with their eyes open?! ha ha, reminds me of myself when I am scared at night - think i do the same thing

Wheekie
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

Beahbeah

Cavy Slave
One of my pigs usually sleeps with her eyes closed, and the other sleeps with her eyes open. Just like you, I've had some scares where I see her lying flat on the ground, not moving, with her eyes open - and then when I wake her up to make sure she's alive I always feel guilty for interrupting her sleep!

momof1kid3piggi

Cavy Slave
All three of my piggy's sleep with their eyes open. But my one on occasions will constantly blink her eyes, I dont know if that means anything, Or not. I had her checked ayt the Vet and there is nothing medical wrong. I find it funny sometimes i would watch her and out of no where her eyes would blink constantly like 6 or more blinks in less then a minute HAHA

Fanch

Cavy Slave
I know where your coming from, especially when my now passed male was getting up there in age. He would sleep like a log, not even flinch, for long periods of time flat out. Lots of times had to pick him up to asure myself he was still with me!
Now I can say from my own experience, I have never seen one of my pigs sleep with their eyes closed!

Tophica

Cavy Slave
Thats weird because I have never seen any my pigs asleep with their eyes open, they always sleep with them shut or sort of half shut. I guess every pig is different. :p

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.