Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General Saying hello and needing naming help

Squeakerlover

Cavy Slave
Hi all!
I joined a few months back, posted a few times, commented a few times and then promptly fell off the face of the Earth :guilty:. Well, I'm back (and I also installed Tapatalk on my phone for easy viewing, which should make my visiting a lot more frequent). I'm also embarrassed to say, that during this whole time my poor little piggy guys have not had consistent names :weepy: Which leads me to the reason for THIS posting; I need naming help. The only names I've "settled" on are Frik and Frak but it really just doesn't sit well with me, doesn't fit them right I guess. I have a few ideas popping around in my head and thought I'd run it by y'all and then maybe y'all could even suggest a few too?

Just a bit about the two for possibly help. Both are males and about a year old. The first one is two-toned brown with white. The white band you see on his shoulders, goes all the way across. Also, what I find unique about him (but that may not be all that unique as far as Piggies are concerned.....I'm a first time Piggy owner) is that on his face, the left side is light brown and the right is dark brown; then his shoulders, it's opposite, dark brown on left and light brown on right and then on his rear-end the colors match his head with the light brown on left and dark brown on right. He's the calmer of the two, not as easily scared and also more adventurous.

The 2nd pic shows his slightly larger brother. More vocal than his "little" brother but more skittish, darts into his pigloo at the slightest thing. His coloring isn't quite as unusual but I still find pretty. It's almost a mottled color in different light and the white band goes clear across just like his brother.

I'm weird, but I don't want cutesy, girly-like names for boys but I don't want just plain names either. Not too big of a fan of using human names, but not entirely opposed in case that's where their names are hiding. I need names easy for my 3 year old daughter to pronounce and remember and they don't necessarily have to "go-together" either (like my choices below).

Anyway, here are my ideas so far:

Ben & Jerry
Tom & Jerry
Piggly & Wiggly (friend suggested)
Weeek & Woot (friends suggested, for the sounds they make she said LOL)
Pete & Repete (friend suggested)

And NONE of those scream at me "That's it! THAT'S their name!". I feel so horrible, we've had them for a bit now but I'm just can't come up with names that "call to me", that suit them. I've NEVER had this much trouble naming a critter before. :weepy:

Hope y'all can help these poor, nameless (kinda) guys out. Imagine the horror of not having a name, the injustice of it all. Redeem them! Help them! LOL Thanks!

Saying hello and needing naming help Saying hello and needing naming help

Your piggies are totally cute!! Welcome back :) I don't really have name suggestions for you, since it took me weeks to name my own pigs. However, once I finally did name them, I named them Albus and Grindelwald because I am a huge Harry Potter geek. So, maybe you can think of a movie or show that you really enjoy and pick a couple of names from there.

Your ideas of Frik and Frak remind me of Frederick and Franklin. Maybe those could work?

Just my two cents! :D

They are so cute!! How about Freckles (for the orange/white one) and Sparky (for the brown/white one). I like the names personally but its cool if you don't everyone has there own tastes :) , what do you think?

Hmmm how about: Doc, Milo, Piper, Rio or Gilligan

Hmmm, those could work but keep them coming guys! :-D

Oh, and CavyMama, Rio is a no-go as that's my Dane's name! LOL

Hm i had a hard time naming my piggies but once i saw the name i knew it was it! i started making a list even before i got them! lol

here is some ideas
- Harry and William
- Marc and Jacob
- Teddy and Bear
- Blizzard and Snow
- Gary and Harry
- Mario and Luigi

there is also olive and/or oliver

Cookies and Cream could be good,
Cinamon and Birchwood
Sandy and Rockus
Sea and Shore.
Hope this helps!

How about Graham for the dark brown one (the coloring reminds me of a graham cracker) and maybe Ginger for the reddish one?

How about Graham for the dark brown one (the coloring reminds me of a graham cracker) and maybe Ginger for the reddish one?

Oh I REALLY like those!!!

Your piggies are adorable! I'm not great at name suggestions, it took me a good week to name my two! I finally decided on Harley and Memphis!

Maybe think of your favourite things/places like we did?

Another name I was fond of was Cairo... like in Egypt!!

Sorry I can't be of more help!

Maybe Neville for the brown one?

I think I've decided on Oliver for the Orange and brown boy :D Now to decide on a name for the other one. The name "Champ" keeps popping in to my head but I just don't know.

Linus and Charlie.

Like from charlie brown. Originally that's what I was going to name my pigs, but I ended up getting a male/female pair instead!

They're adorable! For the brown one you can use some type of chocolate name: Chocolate, Cocoa, Hershey, Twix, Snickers... ect.
For the orange one you can use: Carrot, Autumn, Pumpkin, Mango, Rusty... ect.
Or of course you can use pair names: Ginger and Nutmeg, Sugar and Spice, Gadget and Gizmo, Broccoli and Carrot... ect.
Hope this helps! lol

Since you named one Oliver you could name the other Dodger like from Oliver and Company.

caramel and toffy

They are so sweet! If you wanted a matching name for Oliver, you could name your other boy "Twist".

• Post hidden due to user being banned.
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.