Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Pregnancy Pregnant Sow!!

Piggiemommy2

Cavy Slave
Hi I'm new here and have a question. I have looked everywhere to try and have my question answered. My Sow is pregnant I am not sure how far along she is but I'm sure she is about to deliver soon. I saw the babies move maybe 2 weeks ago but I haven't seen them move in about 3 days or at least when I'm there I no longer see them moving. I'm very concerned and hope nothing has happen but I am not sure if this is normal. She doesn't like to be touched in anyway around her belly and I won't stress her out. I have called my vet but because I live a half hour away they said as long as she is eating and drinking to keep monitoring her I believe because she is so far along. To clear up things I did not intentionally breed my piggies as I thought my male was a female and the moment I noticed he was a male I removed him and he was just neutered about 6 days ago and he is doing great. Thank you to anyone who can help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you I read that already and doesn't mention anything about not feeling movement with the babies. I'm hoping they are just all snuggled up in there and there isn't any room.

They do tend to move less just before birth because there's less room for movement. But if you're feeling NO movement at all, that could indicate a serious problem with the pups. But you can't tell by looking. You'll have to put your hands along her flanks and press gently and see if you can feel any movement.

Thank you I believe I felt little moving earlier when I was cleaning her cage it felt like a little foot. She isn't too happy if you touch her and I don't want to stress her out because she starts to bite.

My Snuggie had 4 babies today around 11:00-11:20 [emoji16] all are alive one is extremely small and the other hasn't gotten up to walk around yet the other two have been up moving

Congratulations! Try and make sure they're all eating, and the more active two aren't hogging all the milk. If you need to take the active two out for a little while so that the small one and the tired one can nurse, you should.

Pregnant Sow!!

Sorry about all the poop her cage was cleaned last night but wasn't able to get to it fast enough this morning to clean it when she went into labor.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.