Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

In Heat Pregnant or just fat ?

Princess_Piggie

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
@Smile4amile when it comes to possibly pregnant sows, like bpatters said, you need to see (or rather, feel) the other signs before you can say for sure. It's not that a pear shaped pig cannot be pregnant, just that plenty of pigs are pear shaped and aren't pregnant. It's important when you're giving advice on the forum to state 'this is my opinion' on medical matters like this, rather than stating a fact i.e 'she is' 'I know' etc, because if a new member signed up and read that, they would assume any pear shaped pig was pregnant, which isn't the case.

Smile4amile

Cavy Slave
Sorry I'm deleting my acc if I'm no help

piggymomma93

Cavy Slave
@Princess_Piggie thank you for being so kind and giving me insight on the ordeal. I will keep you posted.

mkpiggy

Cavy Slave
Have you weight her at all. I have heard where there is rapid weight gain can indicate possible pregnancy.

Smile4amile

Cavy Slave
But thanks @bpatters ill know better not to post stuff like that anymore

Smile4amile

Cavy Slave
@starusue in just kidding I wouldn't delete my acc of a wounded full sight like this! And in really sorry for my misleading advice. I meant to say- when my pig was pregnant she was very round and her tummy was firm , but when it comes close to labor the belly will relax and almost drag on her bedding (mine did at least) I don't know what comes after that exempt the pup is born because I could not watch . (I feel sick when something like that happens) but that's my OPINION :)

starusue

Cavy Slave
@Smile4amile : I wasn't mislead :D I figured it be typos but I know what you mean :3

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.