Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Pregnancy Please take a look...possibly pregnant?

CrazyMom

Cavy Slave
Please take a look...possibly pregnant?

I know this gets asked a lot, but I don't want to make the wrong call. I think Elephant looks pregnant. I really hope not! She is so young! Only about 4-5 months old. I am going to freak out on the lady I got her from if she is. She promised she was separated from her brothers in time. But the people were naive so maybe they didn't know better.

I can't see your pic

Please take a look...possibly pregnant?
Now can you? I cannot figure out how to upload so I am pasting.

Please take a look...possibly pregnant?Here we go I figured it out. I hope you all can see it now.

Yeah, possibly, maybe even probably. How long have you had her?

I picked her up February 1st.

So if she is pregnant, she's at least five weeks along.

By six or seven weeks, you should be able to feel the babies along her flanks, and shortly after that you'll be able to see them moving. Beginning about a week before birth, you'll be able to hear their teeth chattering, and her pelvic bones will start to separate. Be sure you've got the cage babyproofed by then, or you'll have guinea pigs all over the house. And they can get stuck when they get older.

Read (broken link removed) for some more information on it.

So she probably is? Ok. I suppose I will be on here a lot more looking up pregnancy and baby care. Thanks

To ease my mind I check Dulce to make sure she is a she. Well she is. So if Elephant in preggers it's not because of Dulce. Beside they have only been together for about a week and a half. I check out Elephant again and there are two definitive lumps on either side of her stomach. I couldn't check her much more because she started freaking out.

Sorry i'm posting alot. She is pregnant. I can feel the babies moving.

guess that makes you a grandma lol

I am so nervous but excited. Elephant isn't really social yet, so I am having trouble catching her without stressing her out and checking on her. I am also nervous about what will happen to the babies. I of course would want to keep them all, but that is impossible. I hope I can find them good homes.

Handling?

Hey everyone,
Elephant looks to be about 5 weeks pregnant. I when I caught her I could feel the babies moving around. She isn't really tame yet. I have to chase her a good bit before I can catch her. I feel like I should check on her progress but I don't want to stress her out. Would it be better for me to just let her be for the next few weeks until she has the babies? Sometimes I can get her out by picking her up while she is in her cozy. Any insight?

Thanks,
Marissa

Ooh congrats! We had a surprise pregnancy too. My "boy" Juju got round just like yours. And I could feel them. You can read my saga further back on the boards. I think it's labeled Uhoh I think my boy is pregnant! I got two boys and surprise! Juju had four babies. I was scared to death They are now two months old and I can't recall life before them. I adore them!. I got dad fixed and lucked out because all four babies are girls. So I built I giant cage-my daughter says it's not a cage anymore, it's a habitat! 4 x 6 working on a loft now. I was going to find homes but fell madly in love. I did find that when I took them to the exotic vet, lots of the vet assistants were begging me for them! If you are looking for homes for them that might be a good place to start. People at the vet office went absolutely wild for the babies. Take them in. They are irresistable. You may end up having just one baby. You never know! It's not much harder keeping 6 than it was 2. More space, but not more work. You could keep them if you fall in love too!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.