Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Size Pet Store Cages

macysmom

Cavy Slave
Well the new girls came home on Friday afternoon. We love them, they are so friendly and sweet. I'm keeping them in their pet store cage that they came with for quarantine.:sick: I never knew what it was like. We built our C&C before we got Macy so I had never experienced a pet store cage. I can't keep it clean, they don't even have room to move, and it stinks! I'm cleaning it twice a day and that still doesn't seem like enough. How many of you had to use a pet store cage? Was it nasty? I can't wait for the quarantine to be up so that they can move into the new 3x5. Alright enough for the complaining, I just had to get it off my chest. I'll get pics of the new girls later today hopefully.

Do you have a playpen or extra grids that you could use as their temporary quarantine cage?

Thanks for the suggestions. I might try the pool thing, the only thing is I wonder if I could ziptie some grids in a circle around the outer edge so that they couldnt jump out. One of them already jumps up on top of the wooden hidey house and puts her paws on the top of the cage. Spy9doc, how high/deep do the sides need to be?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.