Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Australia Oxbow in Australia

Jw90563

Cavy Slave
Hello everyone!!!!:D
I was wondering if anyone knew where I could buy Oxbow products for a reasonable price down here in Australia?
If not oxbow any other websites with other brands?
Mainly just asking about hay because all the pet stores I walk into only have Lucerne ( or alfalfa in USA)

Thanks in advance!
;)

Aertyn

Cavy Gazer
For hay whilst Oxbow is good, it's really expensive to feed for an all the time. I use Oaten Hay (I buy bales at a nearby stockfeed place). I've also purchased it from these guys a couple of times (broken link removed) and have been really happy with the quality.

For Oxbow, you can find Retail Locations listed here
(broken link removed) They also on Ebay, but it's a little pricier and you have to pay for shipping.

prettypiggie

Cavy Slave
I live in Canberra and I know of one Vet that stocks Oxbow.....but even Petstock didn't even know what I was talking about!

Jw90563

Cavy Slave
Hi Aertyn and prettypiggies
thanks for this awesome advice I think I'll give up on Oxbow as it is just to expensive. But thank you so much for taking the time to answer me.
thanks
jw90563

Aertyn

Cavy Gazer
How many pigs do you have? I've got 7 and a bag (that costs $28) lasts me close to 6 weeks. That ends up being $4.60 a week. If you've only got 2 or 3 pigs you can easily stretch it out to 16 weeks, so it ends up being $1.75 a week. That's cheaper than a cup of coffee.

Remember they only need a tablespoon each a day if you feed them a balanced diet of fresh veggies.

huhney

Cavy Slave
doesnt oxbow have an aussie website? you can also always look into getting hay from farms, gumtree is good for that sort of thing..and i didnt realize lucerne was alfalfa

mejika

Cavy Slave
You can check the stockists on the website as suggested by Aertyn and huhney - that's how I found the Oxbow pellets it at a My Pet Warehouse about a 5 minutes drive away from me - yay! It's great when a business has such a useful website with information that allows you to actually locate and buy the products.

For any other eastern Melburnians though I did also come across the Oxbow pellets and hay at Murphy Brothers in Auburn, which doesn't seem to be listed on the Oxbow site. They also had quite a few of the Oxbow accessories like the Timothy caves/houses. Murphy Brothers location info is here: (broken link removed) , it's a short walk from Auburn train station. Hope that helps someone! :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.