Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior odd grabbing behavior

rachelappel

Cavy Slave
one of my pigs who i thought had FINALLY outgrown the mouthy stage has recently begun grabbing my shirt with her teeth and pulling on it. i'm not really sure what it means or why she's doing it. she was an abnormally mouthy baby, and she's about 8ish month old now and it took forever to get her to stop nibbling on everything. she's a really affectionate piggy and loves to give piggy kisses, but this is just a weird behavior, at least one that i've never seen. should i be worried about something? or is she just be strange? and more importantly how to i get her to stop??

lol i'm not sure if that's her cue to go back in her cage because when i put her back in there, she tries to climb the cage and squeaks to be picked up again. sometimes she'll pull on it and just hold it for a little while and sometimes she tugs on it. its so weird! and the entire time she's making happy squeaks, so i don't think she's in pain or anything. just a strange little piggy.

It might just be that this is something she enjoys doing, although Alfonz does this when he has to have a pee, so he doesn't pee on me lol

It might just be that this is something she enjoys doing, although Alfonz does this when he has to have a pee, so he doesn't pee on me lol

This is exactly what my pigs do. They also will start to wheek when I put them down like they want back up, but watch next time. Mine are normally peeing and trying to climb the cage at the same time

My Oreo does this all the time, he has since I adopted him lol He starts as soon as i sit down with him haha, I can usually tell when he is gonna pee because he goes to my shoulder that is closest to the couch and then just sits being quiet lol He is a very vocal piggy so when he is quiet I know thats when it times to put him back.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.